Aftermath

The next day at work, Nick walked by me and I noticed his neck, it looked as though he'd been attacked by a bear, and then I remembered, "oh my gosh, Nick! Come here!"

"What's wrong?!" He asked.

"Your neck... I'm so sorry..." My eyes were wide as I grabbed at his collar, trying to help him cover it. I was bright red looking at the scratch marks; I honestly had no idea I got his neck.

"Regan.." he said grabbing my hands. "It's okay.. my daughter scratched me, or your cat or something. I'll button my shirt the whole way if it'll make you feel better," he smiled gently.

"Thank you. But I'm sooo so sorry. I had no idea I caught your neck." I covered my face with my hands. He pulled them away and smiled at me. He was so sweet.

"What if Cragen sees?!" I said before I let him walk away.

"I'll address it. It's fine, I promise." He kissed my hands and walked back to the locker room. He would wink at me every time we made eye contact the rest of the day. I felt so bad every time I would catch him rubbing his neck, I'm sure that shit hurt.

After they got back from a particularly tough case (child abuser), he undid his tie and opened his shirt. He winked at me and I gasped, but before he could adjust himself Cragen walked out and called him into his office, "Amaro! My office, now!" I panicked as he walked by and rubbed my arm. I heard the captain raise his voice, but he had shut the door so I couldn't hear what was being said. Amanda came up to me, after she saw me anxiously looking toward his office. "You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah.. just don't like when the captain yells is all.. especially at Nick." I didn't make eye contact with her, but I saw look suspiciously at me before she walked away.

After what seemed liked a hour, Nick walked out and gestured for me to come with him. I followed him to the lunch room. "Oh my God, what happened?!" I asked him. "He knows.. doesn't he?!"

He shook his head.

"Fuck.. he told me to not let it effect our jobs..."

"Ha, I think it's too late for that Callahan. He sees me eyeing you. Thinks it's distracting. Saw my neck in his office, said he didn't want to know.." he chuckled.

"Well shit. Are you in major trouble?!" I panicked.

"Nah, not too much. Better me than you." He kissed my hand.

"Oh my gosh... I'm sorry Nick. We'll take it easy.." I looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry Callahan... I don't want him coming down on you. I'm not worth the flack," he winked.

"Ha! Whatever! Just call me when you can again." I smiled gently. He smiled back.

We didn't see each other outside of work for the next month. It was torture, but I felt awful about getting him shit from the boss man. So I behaved.