Little Slice Of Heaven

The pandemic still looms, but the Chicago PD was on top of their game. They had to change how they did things, based on the current climate of the country. Hank wasn't too happy with this idea, as he always believed that sometimes the way to get answer out of a bad guy was to beat it out of him, and as a pacifist, this went against everything I believed in.

However, I did want to beat the living shit out of James when I had him in interrogation, but as a scholarly woman and woman of peace, I restrained myself to shoving him against the wall— it was hard. But Kevin eventually opened Hank up to the idea of solid policing without violence, and Kevin knew what that was like.

Last year, he exposed a racist cop after he died. His precinct took major issue with this, as they believed it tarnished his reputation beyond repair and 'killed him twice.' They started harassing him, bad. Hank wanted to get involved, but Kevin thought he could handle it. He couldn't.

It got so bad that I nearly called in my team to handle the situation, after the cops bugged his house. He didn't want that either. He handled his way.. well Hank's way, with a Kevin touch on it. The Sargent of the other precinct backed off, and stopped the reign of terror he enacted on him.
————————————————————————
  Adam and I had a fight one day, about Ally.
"What did I do today?" He asked meekly.

"You winked at her! Like you wink at me!"

"Babe... I wink all the time."

"Not like that." I sighed. "Sorry Adam... I'm just feeling so emotional lately."

He hugged me, and kissed the top of my head, "it's okay. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable. I love you."

"I love you too.. and no I'm not pregnant again.. I don't think." I chuckled.

"Oh God.. don't even say that. We agreed on one kid!" He laughed.

"Well it's not like I did it on my own!" I laughed back. "It's probably just stress.. but I did bring a test with me, going to go pee right now.."

"Good idea..." he seemed panicked. I was too though. I went to the bathroom to take the test and waited.

"Adam..." he didn't answer. "Adam!" I called again and he came around the corner.

"So..?!" He asked. I took a deep breath before I handed him the dried off test.

'Negative'

"Phew!" He said.

"Yeah.." I was okay with it, but also sad.

"I'm sorry baby! I didn't mean.."

"No! You're fine Adam! We did agree only one kid, but happy accidents wouldn't be so bad maybe. I don't know though.. can I share my love I have for Izzy with another kid? You, she, and my mom have my whole heart, I don't know if there is anymore room.." I chuckled lightly.

"I love you. We won't try for another, but if it happens.. I won't be upset," he winked.

"I love you so much Adam Ruzek!" I said as I leaned up and kissed him, before I went over and hid the test in the trash can. He hugged me as we walked back out to our desks. My little slice of heaven.