CHAPTER ONE - THE BEGINNING

Erika's POV

After a long day at work I finally get to go home. As much as I love my job at the hospital, I love my home even more. I get to go to my beautiful daughter and three sons and care for them. Home is my safe place.

After packing my stuff and saying bye to my co-workers I made my merry way home. While driving I kept thinking how I had all the evening with my kids. And after they went to sleep I would still have some alone time. After the week I had, I couldn't wait for it.

Slowly but surely I made my way to our beautiful two story house. Our house was quite a while away from the city and it was next to a beautiful lake in a small forest. I loved nature so much as a Finnish person, so I made sure we had something to remind myself from Finland when we moved to America. Our house always made me happy.

After parking my car I and getting my stuff from the backseat I made my way inside. I opened the door and stepped inside. "Hello! I'm home!" I yelled while taking my coat off. I laughed a little when I heard two pairs of feet running towards me.

"ÄITI!" ("MOM!") My 7 year old daughter Lisa and 4 year old son Luka yelled while jumping to hug me. Laughing I held them close to me and kissed their foreheads. "Where are your brother and sister?" I asked them while walking towards the kitchen. Neither were fast enough to answer when I saw my oldest 11 year old son Antti come home from school at the same time while their Nanny Sofia and my little two years old son Oliver came downstairs.

"Hei. How was school?" I asked smiling letting the two monkies down and hugging my oldest son. "Meh, it was good enough." He answered and hugged me back. I went towards Nanny Sofia and my little smol bean. I lifted Oliver to me and kissed his forehead and then looked at Sofia. "Thank you Sofia, you can take rest of the day off."

She looked baffeled and then smiled widely. "Thank you so much!" She said and hurried to pack her stuff and leave. Smiling I turned to my kids. "Lisa and Antti, homework and then we eat." I said smiling. I heard them whine a bit. I set Oliver down on his chair and started to work my miracles.

I started to cook and at the same time helped Antti and Lisa with their homework and watched Luka play with his toys. After a while they were done and so was I with food. I made sure everything was right and then I set up the table. I put some food on their plates and helped Oliver, occasionally Luka, eat their food.

Between helping I got couple mouthfuls of food into me, but I patiently waited for my kids to be done before worrying about it. Not long after, Antti and Lisa were done. "Kiitos!" ("Thank you!) I heard them say while putting their dishes away. "Olkaa hyvät!" ("You are welcome!") I responded while shaking my head smiling. Couple minutes passed and Luka was ready. He thanked for the food and ran off after his older siblings.

"Well, looks like it's just us now." I said to Oliver chuckling to myself. He looked at me with a small tilt of his head. He couldn't talk because he had nasty disase when he was just a little baby. I ate quickly and took all of the remaining dishes and took them to my hands. I lifted Oliver to my arms and went towards the sink. I started to put the dished to the dishwasher with my other hand, while the other one was still holding Ollie. I was done quickly and with a smile I grabbed Olivers hands still holding him and started to dance.

Olivers face broke into a wide smile and I danced towards our living room where all the others were. I flopped down on the sofa laughing a little. Oliver cuddeled to my chest and not a second later Luka was next to him. I smiled warmly and then Lisa and Antti cuddeled to my sides. Sometimes being a single mother was hard, but when you have smol beans like these, it's all so worth it and much more.

Couple hours of cuddiling I heard soft snores from the kids. I smiled to myself and gently without waking them up I moved Antti and Lisa so I can stand up with the two youngest. I walked towards their shared room and gently opened the door with my foot. I set Luka down first to his bed and then Oliver. I changed them to their PJs and tucked them in. I kissed their heads. "Kauniita unia, Äiti rakastaa teitä." ("Sweet dreams, Mom loves you.") I whispered smiling to myself and went towards the living room again. I lifted Lisa up to my arms and started to go towards her room. She was still in deep sleep, so I just changed her to PJs and tucked her to bed. I kissed her head and whispered the same thing to her.