CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE - THE MIKAELSON BALL

Mikael's POV

"Is this really necessary?" I asked as Rebekah pushed me out of Ayana and I's shared room.

"Yes it is! You can't see Ayana until the ball starts! Elijah is waiting for you in his room. Love you father." Rebekah laughed and closed the door behind me.

I shook my head with a fond smile. "I love you Ladies too." I laughed and walked over to Elijah's room.

I knocked on the door and opened after getting permission from Elijah. He turned to look at me with a small smile.

"Hello." He greeted me with and turned back to look at the suits that were laying on the bed in front of him.

"Trouble deciding?" I asked with a chuckle as Elijah looked very focused as he tapped his chin with his pointer finger.

Elijah shrugged slightly and huffed like an angry toddler.

I chuckled and shook my head as I looked at my own suit.

Time to get ready for the ball

-

I made sure my collar was right as I walked out of Elijah's room. I saw the boys standing there with their suits on looking extremely handsome.

I smiled and with my hands behind my back walked over to them. "Look at you boys." I said in a soft voice as I got emotional looking at the grown men in front of me.

All of them turned to look at me at the same time and smiled. "Father." They said in sync which made a smile rise to my face.

Elijah looked at the suit and nodded proudly, while Kol looked at me with a comical look as his mouth hung open.

He hit the person next to him, who happened to be Henrik and gestured at me with wild hands.

Henrik rolled his eyes with a smile and pushed Kol away from him.

"How could I ever have a chance, when all of them are going after my father?!" Kol said in a loud whiny voice and crossed his arms over his chest.

Henrik and Niklaus both laughed under their hands and Elijah and Finn just glanced at each other before shaking their heads.

I took a deep breath in through my nose to hold in my growing smile.

Kol looked at his siblings with a fake offended look before letting out a small laugh.

"Shall we?" I asked the boys and they nodded.

"And?" I said as I reached foward to correct Kol's bow. He grinned and looked at me.

"We look after each others backs."

-

I let the boys walk down first and I decided to follow them shortly after. I looked at the earliest crowd of people, noticing some familiar faces.