3 - i need to protect them

Y/N'S POV

Y/N'S POV

We met up at the gates and headed out to the Land of Waves. During the trip, it was mainly silence. But a peaceful kind of quiet. Or it was either Naruto bickering or Sakura beating the crap out of him.

Soon, I noticed a puddle. It hasn't rained in weeks, that was quite suspicious. I made a subtle sign to Kakashi-sensei and he returned with a nod. Soon the puddle popped out with ninja and they dismantled Kakashi.

"EEEEKK!!" Sakura screams. Staying calm, I tell her to protect Tazuna while I help Naruto. Sasuke begins to get into action as he uses the opponent's chains against them. While I move Naruto out the way, Kakashi comes back and ties the ninja.

"Where the hell were you?!" Tazuna yells. "I was trying to see whether the ninja were after you or us." Tazuna gave him a stressed look. Naruto soon gave a sad look knowing he wasn't able to do anything. Sasuke called him a scaredy-cat and Naruto looked like he had enough. He stabbed himself in his wound and gave a speech.

"Cool speech, but I'd appreciate if you didn't make a bigger wound that I have to heal." I say as I fake smile at him. Kakashi soon adds "He got most of the poison out, but if you don't get that fixed, you'll probably bleed to death." Naruto starts jumping around panicking.

"Calm down you dumbass, Kakashi-sensei is just exaggerating." I say calming him down. I then take his hand and emit green chakra from my hands. But the wound seemed to be closing faster than usual.

The Nine Tails

It must be him. I remember the stories my mother told me about the nine tails passed from my grandfather. She told me that he was in the third shinobi war. I need watch out for it, it seems the seal won't be strong enough to hold the whole beast inside Naruto. I stop emitting chakra and I then wrap his hand.

"There dobe, don't harm yourself again or you really will bleed to death." After I said this, the team sweatdropped and we kept on going to the Land of Waves.

-time skip-

I unpause my music and a song began playing. I looked to the sky and started humming the song.

"I'VE BEEN TRYING HARD YOU'VE BEEN LAYING LOW

I'VE BEEN MOVING MOUNTAINS PUSHING THROUGH THE SNOW

I CAN'T FEEL MY FINGERS I CAN'T FEEL MY TOES

LOVE WON'T BE MY SAVIOR I SHOULD LET IT GO"

"Hey, what are you listening to?" Sasuke asked me as I began to notice I was falling behind. "Music. It keeps me from overthinking." "Can I hear it?" he asked. I was surprised because he seemed like the person to not care about others. So I stared at him in interest but soon gave him the other piece of my earplug and I began to sing the lyrics to him.

"AND I DON'T WANNA WASTE YOUR TIME

I JUST WANNA MAKE YOU MINE

AND I DON'T WANNA WASTE YOUR TIME

I JUST WANNA MAKE YOU MINE"

SASUKE'S POV

Kaen sounds so beautiful. She really interested me. She wasn't like Sakura, thank kami. I loved how she was so mysterious and attractive. When I'm with her, I feel at peace. I have this feeling to protect her. And I will.

She kept my thoughts away from Itachi and my revenge, but on reconciliation and seeing the bigger picture. Soon the song ended and the next started playing. I recognized this one.

My mother used to sing this song to me when I was younger. Tears threatened to spill as I listened further into the song. Kaen noticed this. She sang as she laid her head on my shoulder and held my hand as we kept walking.

"CAUSE I LOVE YOU FOR INFINITY

I LOVE YOU FOR INFINITY,

CAUSE I LOVE YOU FOR INFINITY

I LOVE YOU FOR INFINITY"

She looked up at me and wiped my tears and said "I won't tell." I nodded and stepped away from the group. She came off as emotionless and sketchy at first but really inside she cares.

What is this girl doing to me?

Y/N'S POV

When the song Infinity came up, I noticed that Sasuke had tears in his eyes. This song must mean something to him.

As I noticed this, my heart began throbbing. What is this? I felt that I needed to protect him. Why? I've never felt this way before. No going back now. I thought as I leaned my head at the crook of his neck and slipped my hand on his.

My heart skipped a beat and I felt myself blushing under my mask. Thank kami he didn't notice. I then wiped his tears and said "I won't tell."

We honestly don't need Naruto and Sakura getting in our business. He nodded and walked away to calm himself down. I kept a straight face until the song ended. I gripped my hair as I thought-

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU Y/N?!?"

—————————————>songs played:jaded - sadeyesinfinity - jaymes young

—————————————>
songs played:
jaded - sadeyes
infinity - jaymes young