18 - kill or be killed

SASUKE'S POV

SASUKE'S POV

After learning the lightning blade jutsu, otherwise known as 'Chidori', we headed back to the village for the last chunin exam. As per usual, being with Kakashi means being late. We made it just in time for my match.

"So you finally decided to come eh?" Naruto runs down to me and smirks. "Of course dobe, wouldn't miss it for the world." I smirk back. "Did you win your match?" "Heck yeah I did!" "What about Y/N?" Naruto gives a curious look. "Speaking of Y/N, she's actually late too!"

That's odd, she wouldn't like to miss this either. I need to- "Go on Sasuke, you have match to win. I'll go try and find her." I just nod and head to the battlefield.

KAKASHI'S POV

As I set out to her apartment, I look see the familiar number on her door. 1777. I knock on the door. There's no answer. I knock harder than the first time. There's no answer. I look for other routes as I see an open door at the back of the balcony.

The clear two-sided door was covered by black linen curtains which I wasn't able to see anything clearly from outside. I also realized there isn't chakra inside. I quickly break in and see the house is in an odd shape. As in someone just had a huge fight inside.

There was scratches on the walls with drapes of blood following it and steel weaponry on the ceiling. And no one to be seen. It possible she's been kidnapped. Or even worse, killed.

What am I going to tell the team? That their teammate is missing and they're possibly dead without a trace? Not even that! What am I going to tell Sasuke?

I quickly head back to the match, but as I returned to the crowds, Sasuke and Gaara weren't on the field and I realized there was a genjutsu. I disarm it and quickly get to Guy. "Are you ready for another showdown?" He exclaims. I just nod not returning the enthusiasm.

"What do we do Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asks me. "Get Naruto and Shikamaru to go after Sasuke. My ninja dog Pakkun will lead the way." I inform her as I summon Pakkun and tell him too. What a mess.

THIRD PERSON POV

From the Kazekage assassination, the fight in the big purple box on the roof, and Sasuke chasing after Gaara. What's worse?

"I don't get why you do so much for this village and it's a pity your work is going to end here." Orochimaru said to the older Hokage.

"To me, Konoha isn't just an organisation. Every year there are a lot of ninja born and raised in Konoha... They live, fight to protect this village and what is precious they would go to their death. Even if we are not related by blood, those of the village like these are, to me, my most precious, most important... family!" Hiruzen wisely answered back.

"Tsk. Once Y/N and Sasuke are mine, this village won't stand a chance." Orochimaru smirked. "Where is she?" Hiruzen asks dodging the incoming attacks as fast as his body will allow him to. "She's with me. Force or no force, and soon Sasuke will be my vessel soon." Orochimaru licks his lips. "Not if I have something to do about it."

THE FOREST

Gaara has Sakura pinned to the tree slowly cutting off her oxygen circulation as Naruto and Sasuke are trying to save her.

"Why the hell are you doing this?!" Naruto asks in frustration and Gaara only roared as Shikaku was taking over. Turning into the two tailed beast inside of him, Naruto shows off his new summoning jutsu as he summons the chief of frogs.

Sasuke looks in frustration and awe as Naruto takes matters into his own hands and is able to defeat Gaara.

'What does that knucklehead have that I don't?' Sasuke wonders furiously as he feels that Naruto is getting stronger everyday but he's stuck in a loop.

OROCHIMARU'S JUTSU

As the Third Hokage realized his death became more closer than he thought, he disabled Orochimaru's arms as he was being stabbed through his stomach.

Pain and agony was brought upon the village. Citizens evacuated. Buildings crashing down. The disappearance of Y/N. Sasuke's jealousy. How can it get worse?

When the battle ended, the impenetrable shield was dissolved and the Anbu came and searched the battleground. Orochimaru seemed to have escape and Hiruzen was close to his last breath.

"Sir....sir!!" One of the Anbu tried to speak to the Hokage. "Orochimaru has taken Y/N, make sure to protect the village at all costs."

"No you can't go, not yet!" He yelled back. "When the tree leaves dance, one shall find flames. The fire's shadow will illuminate the village, and once again, tree leaves shall bud anew." The Hokage takes his last breath and rests.

One lesson we learned this day, it was either kill or be killed.