So, You and George, Huh?

"So, you're really George's personal knight now?"

Dream looks to his right. Standing there, leg propped up on a rack of wooden training swords, shining his boots is Dream's good friend, Sapnap. Just like Dream, he is a knight, just one of a much lower rank. His hair is long- reaching down to about the middle of his neck- and a raven black. A white bandana stretches across his forehead. His face is weather-worn but still holds this youthful fire in it that simply can not be matched. Dream bites the inside of his cheek. "Yes, I am, what about it?"

Sapnap stops shining his shoes for a minute to shoot a toothy grin at his friend. His face reads that of nosiness and suggestion of wondering if there is something more to this relationship. Dream scowls. "Don't look at me like that."

The foxy man whips the rag he was using to shine his shoes up, placing it into his black trouser pockets. He takes a step closer to his friend, the same devilish grin on his face. "Look at you like what?" He asks, knowing damn well what he's doing.

"Like,"

Dream waves his hand around to gesture to Sapnap's face. "That."

Sapnap continues to inch closer. "And what is 'that' exactly."

He's egging on and Dream detests it, not to mention the implications of what that look is asking aren't something he likes all too much. "Well, you know, " He begins.

Sapnap is now underfoot. "Whenever you look at me like that it means you want to ask me a question."

"What's so wrong with asking questions?"

"Nothing, it's the kind of questions you ask that bothers me."

"And what kind of questions are those."

Dream throws his head back with frustration. Sometimes his friend feels less like a friend or more like a nosy, annoying younger brother. "You know what they are." Dream says, turning around to end the conversation.

Before he can walk too far away though his friend shoots back another inquiry. " I'm afraid I don't know, care to give me an example?"

Dream rolls his eyes, mumbling to himself "Jesus Christ this guy is impossible."

He slowly turns around, speaking as he does so. "Well, you'd ask something like,"

Dream mocks his friend's mannerisms as he speaks. "You're King George's personal knight? Personal as in intimate? Like, macking on each other all the time and stuff?"

Sapnap's eyes light up. "You two are macking on each other?"

"What?" Dream shoots back.

He feels a tad bit of heat rise to his cheeks out of shock and embarrassment. He quickly jumps into the defense. "No, no, no! Don't put words in my mouth!"

The other knight raises his hands up in the air in submission. "Look, you said it, not me."

"But you back me into a corner, asshole!"

"Ok, maybe I did. I'm sorry about that,"

Sapnap makes his way over to his friend, punching him lightly in the shoulder. "But what good are friends if you can't have a little fun with them, right?"

Dream sighs. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"But I mean, come on,"

Sapnap elbows his friend in the side. "Are you sure everything between you and George is only business or are you taking that personal bit literally?"