Secrets Uncovered

Dream lays on his bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling above. He brings a hand up to run through his sandy blonde locks. He feels wiped, especially considering that he got no sleep last night. Normally, at this time of day Dream would get in some early morning training while George has his morning bathing. Today though, he doesn't feel like moving.

Dream's mind rases to last night. All the things George told him, how he was special, how he was precious in his sight. The way George looked at him, the way his eyes bore into him, it felt different. Not sexual, not platonic, but rather the limbo between. It's all too much to process, Dream groans heavily, sinking further into his bedsheets. Suddenly, he hears his door open. Dream panics, he doesn't have his helmet or mask on. In a desperate attempt to obscure his face, Dream grabs one of his pillows, shoving his face into it. There's a brief pause of silence as the knight waits for the person at his doorway to speak. "...Dude, it's just me."

The voice is deathly familiar, he couldn't forget it if he tried. Dream lowers the pillow, taking a deep sigh of relief. "Oh, it's just you Sapnap."

At the doorway, only a step into his room is none other than Dream's good friend, Sapnap. He's dressed in casual castle attire. A basic white tunic and black trousers with black leather boots. He still has his signature white bandana upon his head too. The man walks further into the room, closing the door behind him. "Could you maybe give me a heads up before barging into my room? Like, knock or something. You scared me half to death."

"Oh, quit complaining, you're fine. Jesus, you and your identity." Sapnap takes a seat at the edge of Dream's bed.

Dream scoffs. "You know why my identity means so much to me."

Sapnap shrugs his shoulders, planting his hands behind him. "Ok, fair enough but still. You're so dramatic."

Dream simply just rolls his eyes and sits up. "Hey, by the way. What are you doing here?"

Sapnap looks over at his friend. "What, can't a guy just chill with their best bro?"

"Well, of course, but you usually don't come into my room. Actually, how did you even know I'd be here?"

Sapnap turns his head towards his friend, then he replies with. "Oh, simple. You weren't at the training ground like you always are. And when you aren't at the training grounds you're usually here, feeling sorry for yourself."

Dream rolls his eyes, picking up a pillow and hitting his friend over the head with it. A couple of feathers go flying while Sapnap laughs loudly. "Very funny," Dream groans, flopping back down on his mattress.

"Oh, it really is though," Sapanp says.

Dream sighs once again, melting further into his sheets. He looks drained, not only emotionally but mentally. Sapnap sticks his lip out a bit while placing a hand on Dream's knee. "What's got you so down in the dumps?"

Dream looks up, trying to erase the look of fatigue and endless pondering off his face. He knows he's not tricking Sapnap into thinking he's feeling any other way than he is but it's still worth the effort. "Oh, it's nothing really. Jus' been thinking about a lot of stuff as of late. Renemissing if you will."