Chapter 1 Intro

Ayanokouji POV

We were asked to come early to class today, they didn't really tell us why but it's probably a new special exam, considering that we didn't really have a special exam last month, this might be something big, as I was lost in my thoughts, that ended by the word 'big', I actually bumped into something big, a wall? No, its quite meaty, I looked up the figure that I bumped into and it was actually a tall person, it was Yamada Albert from class C, beside him was Ishizaki and Ibuki, after seeing who it was I apologized to them and started walking away, but not before Ishizaki spoke and said that is was fine and Albert nodded in agreement while Ibuki glared at me, after that, I left them without a word and proceeded to go to my class.

I sat down on my new seat, which was near the door behind the back and beside Matsushita, I checked the time and there are about 3 minutes left before the bell rings, I look around, and even though it's not clearly visible, I could tell almost everyone was anxious, I wonder what the new exam will be about, well, for now, I should just put my guard up and be careful with every move I make.

After a few minutes, the bell rang and Chabashira-sensei walked in, she had her usual expression but for some reason, she seems uneasy, is it something about the special exam? I guess I'll find out later.

"Good morning, looking at your faces, I can tell that you may have an idea what's this about, and yes, it's about a new special exam."

Sensei looks around the classroom and her eyes eventually landed on me, her eye had a hint of worry, but looking at my classmates it seemed like none of them noticed, is the special exam really going to be that hard?

"Ok, so, in this special exam, not everyone will participate, only a few selected individuals from each class will be the ones who will, there is no specific number of participants needed from each class, if you are going to question how the participants are chosen, they will be selected by the school, other than that, I can't give you any more info, any questions so far?" Sensei asked as she looked around and a few notable people raised their hands.

"Horikita?" Sensei signaled Horikita, which was one of the few people who raised their hands.

"If there is no specific number of students from each class that will be participating, how can we assure that the rewards and the treatment will be equal?" She asked, good question.

"Good question, let me explain, you will be allotted a certain amount of points, just like how you started your year last year, then, it all comes down to evaluation and the individual performance, if you do good, then, your points will remain and will be added to your class points, if you make mistakes, there will be deductions." Sensei answered, I see, so that will ensure that there will be fair treatment, on the surface at least.

"Any more questions?" Sensei asked.

"Yes, Sensei." Yousuke raised his hand.

"Hirata?" 

"Have the participants been chosen already? If so, could we take a look at the list?" Yousuke asked.

"Yes, but, the names will be announced later at the end of the day." Sensei answered, she scanned the room once again and her eyes landed on me, well, thankfully I didn't need to wait long to be called, it's tiring to raise my hand.

"Ayanokouji? Do you have a question?" Sensei asked.

"Yes, I would like to ask what are the penalties, and other than specific people being chosen from each class, I would also like to know what are the other contents of the exam." I answered, it seems like no one was expecting me to ask since most of them had their attention turned to me, well, to be honest, I wasn't really expecting my self to raise my hand in the first place, but, I should get to know everything about this exam as early as now since this'll be probably the last trick in Tsukishiro's sleeve.

"Yes, I'll be explaining that now, the penalty would be expulsion, only for those who either refuse to participate or abide by the rules of the special exam, of course, those include school rules as well, also, regarding the content of the exam, the only thing I can say is that..." Sensei paused for a moment and looked at the whole class.

"Every individual that has been chosen will be put together in one place, or rather, one class you could say, then, they will either be given, an individual task, a class-group task, or a group task, first, the individual task, as it says, individual, which means only one person needs to do it, and that person is the one who receives the task, next is, the class group task, its a task wherein the students from the same class have to finish the task as a group, last is the group task, the group task is a task that everyone must do, by everyone, I mean the chosen participants, any questions so far?" Sensei explained before asking.

"Hmm, no questions? Then, let's proceed, the exam will last one week, and now, for the gains and loses, let's start with loses, first, class points, only the 3rd and 4th placers will receive point deductions, the one in 4th place will receive a hundred class point deduction and 50 class point deduction for the one in the 3rd place, next is expulsion, only one will be expelled, that is of course if you follow the rules, the participant that will be expelled is someone from the last place and the one who either has the most point deduction or the one who contributed the least, questions?" Sensei asked, no one raised their hand, the atmosphere was very serious since expulsion can't be avoided, either you be selfish and try to do everything so that you can guarantee the top spot in your group to at least avoid getting expelled even if your group is in the last place or work as a proper group to at least avoid getting the last place.

"Next is, what you gain, first, class points, other than the allotted points being added to your current class points, you can gain extra points if you successfully accomplish a secret task, the secret task is related to the main task, so, you can accidentally accomplish a secret task depending on how you approach the main task, this only applies for the second and first placers, second, protection points, the only ones who will receive protection points are the ones who are in the first place, every participant who is in the first place will receive a protection point each, next, private points, only the participants from the second and first place will receive private points, a million private points for the participant who has the most contribution in the first place, 500,000 points for the other participants, now, for the participants in the second place, 500,000 points for the one who has contributed the most and 250,000 for the others, finally the last one..." Sensei paused to breathe for a moment. 

"The chance to gain a new ally, this'll only be for the ones who can reach first place, that's all, any questions?" Everyone seemed shocked, a chance to gain a new ally huh, interesting, but, that's not the only thing I found interesting, in fact, there are a lot of things that I could consider as loopholes, but, if I'm not one of the participants, all those things are useless, anyway, those are not important as of the moment, what's important is that, how will Tsukishiro expel me in this exam.

"It seems like there are no more questions, that's all for homeroom today." Sensei said as she proceeded to the door and once she opened it, it revealed someone who it seems like, was about to knock.

"Oh sorry sensei, was I interrupting?" The person said, it was...

"Kiryuuin-senpai...?" I accidentally muttered.

To Be Continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: HAAAH, FINALLY, I have re-written/re-made this, sorry for the delayed update for this, it was hard to come up with a concrete plan that would lead to where I want it to end, hopefully, you enjoyed this, also, thank you so much for the votes and comment and for simply reading, I appreciate it very much, I don't have anything else to say so...

Thank you and Advanced Happy New Year. :3

BYEEE!