2-11

Ayanokouji POV

"So, can you tell me everything you did in this task?" Horikita asked me. 

"I don't mind, telling you, but I'll only tell you if you tell me why you want to know." I replied.

"Fair enough. I just want to know whether everything really was just a coincidence, you know, letting Shiina-san of Class B win, and Ichinose-san taking 2nd place." She replied.

"I see. I'll do my best to explain it then." I said.

"Ok, first, I just initially wanted to stay in the gymnasium and blend in with the crowd, that's why I didn't bother changing my into my tracksuit, then, I also saw Hiyori, she was also wearing her uniform, I asked her why she answered there was no point since she's going to be tagged immediately anyway, then, I told her about my plan to just blend in with the crowd in the gymnasium, she agreed to it. Are you getting this?" I asked before continuing.

"Yes." She said and I nodded before continuing.

"Then, we stayed in the gymnasium for about two and a half hours if I'm not mistaken, though, like I said before, I was initially planning to stay there the whole time, but unfortunately, Nagumo and the other tagger entered the gymnasium, and chased after me." I said.

"Wait, then, why didn't they tagged Shinna-san?" Horikita asked.

"From what I've observed from the whole time that I was watching the live broadcast in the gymnasium, the taggers were planning to put the competent people at the bottom spots, considering they targeted both Ichinose and Ryuuen first and even ignored Ishizaki and Albert when the two tried to get in their way." I said.

"I see, but then, why did the other ones, who aren't that competent got tagged despite the spots in the lower half not being filled by the competent ones first?" Horikita asked.

"Stamina, to put it simply, they underestimated our year and they thought they'd be able to tag every competent one early in the task, but seeing that we were spread around the whole school, they just dropped the plan and decided to tag every participant they saw. At least, that's what I'm thinking." I have no proof for all of these, I added.

"Ok, I get everything, but would you mind if I ask a question?" She asked.

"Uh, sure I guess." I replied.

"The last thing you did, you did it to piss of Nagumo-senpai, right? Why did you do it?" She asked. I see, so she saw that, well, there's no need to lie, it's not a big deal anyway.

"He said something that he shouldn't have said." I answered.

"He..... Said something? That's it?" She asked.

"Yes, and I took that personally." I said.

"I see, I won't ask what it was, but, I have another question." She said.

"Fire away." I said urging her to ask.

"Were you also the one that caused the commotion in the gymnasium?" She asked.

"Maybe." I replied flatly.

"I knew you wouldn't tell me, but anyway, that was all I wanted to know. Good luck with the rest of the exam." She said and I nodded, then she left the cafe.

".....Weird for her to say good luck so sincerely." I muttered to myself.

"I didn't know your class leader was such a curious one." A female voice from behind me said.

".....Indeed she is." I said and the other person that I had wanted to meet with sat down in front of me.

"So, my dear Kohai, what did you call me for?" I'm sure you already know who it is, yes, it's Kiryuuin-senpai.