2-15

After we tasted everybody's dish, it was time to announce the winners, well, actually it was still time for the judges to discuss who the winner was, but a certain participant's dish tasted so good that we all knew who the winner was before we were even given the time to discuss our opinions.

"And we have a unanimous decision... The winner for this challenge is..." Mashima-sensei paused for suspense. It's not even a proper competition, it's just a sub-special exam within a special exam if that makes sense. But anyway, let me spoil the winner for you, it's Ryuuen with his Paella. Initially, I had a hard time choosing between Kamuro and Amikura, but we forgot Ryuuen was participating so we tasted his dish last. And as if he was the protagonist destined for victory, every one of us judges loved his dish. 

"Ryuuen Kakeru-kun from Class C!" Mashima-sensei announced.

Now, a lot of you must be curious about what happened to the other contestants, right? Well, unfortunately for Sakayanagi, whose dish came from France, came in 2nd place if I recall correctly, her dish, which was Hachis Parmentier, had one fatal flaw that could've pushed her ahead Ryuuen. And Matsushita's dish, Pozole from Mexico, was good as well, but not on the level of this competition, personally though, it wouldn't be bad if she cooked for me ever now and then. Anyway, there were also two surprises, Katsuragi is bad at cooking, and Kito had the chance to win if he chose the right dish, but anyway, Katsuragi's dish was bad, and Kito's was good. Other dishes that were mid or not competition-worthy but good enough to not be called bad came from Ishizaki, Beppu, and Kaneda. 

"In 2nd place, Sakayanagi Arisu. And for 3rd place, it's Kamuro Masumi." Mashima-sensei announced. Even though Ryuuen won, I can tell that Ryuuen didn't want to accept that two students from Class A won. Well, he can't do anything about it, their cooking was good.

"And with the top three announced, we deem this competition done. For the other participants, your position will be sent privately to your emails. And for the judges, each of you will receive 5 points each for your class, except for the teachers who will only receive 3 points for their respective classes." It may seem unfair, but if you think about it, we, the students who became judges worked hard to gain this position so it's just right. But as for the teachers gaining points part, that's a bit questionable even if they only receive 3 points.

"Now, all spectators, and teachers please exit the venue. All participants please stay to receive your next instructions." Mashima-sensei said and everyone did as they were told. Everyone who was told to exit started to exit, and while doing so, a certain someone made eye contact with me. I nodded at her, I guess you could say reassure her, and she just sighed before nodding back.

After a few moments, everyone has exited, and we participants were led to a room at the back. There, the Student Council President was waiting with the Deputy Chairman, Tsukishiro. We all were told to sit down before they brief us on the final task for the day... At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

"Ok, now that everyone is here, we can start disclosing the details of your final task for the next 36 hours." Tsukishiro said. Next 36 hours? Didn't we just have a whole-day break yesterday?

"What you will be doing is simple, all you have to do is live your everyday life for 36 hours, but! Each one of you will be given a restriction, and will be monitored, except in your private times in the bathroom of course." Tsukishiro said with a creepy smile. If I were a woman, I wouldn't come near this guy, and anything that would come out of his mouth, I'll consider as harassment. Both unfortunately and fortunately I am not a woman. If I was, I can falsely accuse him of harassment or something. I know it wouldn't be that simple considering it's my father backing him up, but I'm smarter than the two, I'm sure a female version of me would figure something out.