16(E)

Phoebe

Walking into this school was more manageable than yesterday. A lot has changed within 24 hours. My leader team has met their mates; I met mine, no one was rejected, some mated already. I feel like everything was going great, frankly, too great, and it was bugging me just a little. I watch Natasha coming out of nowhere and apologize to Abi. It didn't bug me, we spoke already, and she wasn't aware she had a mate yet, so there was no point in being upset with her.

We eventually split and went into our classes. I was alone in my first period and wasn't too sure which class the others had either. Not even five minutes after sitting, Ryan, one of my warriors call for me to come to the packhouse and saying it's an emergency; I just ran out and shifted through the windows. I made a 35-minute run into 10 minutes; I went through the entrance and was met with clothes from Caroline, our only omega.

What's going on? I ask

The elders are here; they came with this guy, my old alpha, alpha Josh-she said, speaking with fears in her voice again, a habit I work very hard with her to lose. I remember alpha Josh, he is the nastiest man I have ever known, and I don't get to disgust that easily. He treats his omega like shit and ignores the rest. Rogues usually come and stay on his territory and hurt kids, elderly, and don't do much to stop it. Sadly, he was Caroline's mate. He rapes her, got her pregnant then kept F-king other females or raping them. Caroline eventually got tired of it, got up, rejected him, and made a run for it. His pack is very far from mine, so it took her months to reach my pack territory, and when she finally did, she collapses in the borderline. Lucky for her and her daughter, I was in my morning run--I caught her scent and went to investigate, and I manage to see her, so I took her to the pack doctor, and they operate on her. She also went into early labor, so they had to do a C-section for her, and it's like her body was only waiting on the kid cause as soon as they were done, she went into a coma for about 2 months, her wolf needed the healing, and I'm glad she was able to pull through after the surgery. She's with us now for about a year and a half. Her daughter will be 1 in a couple of days. She loves to wobble ever since she took her first step.

I force myself to relax because I got a bad feeling about this. I walked and found the elders standing by his side. Gentlemen, what can I do for you?

We concluded that your pack is too big, and since Josh lost all of his members, We need half of your members to join his pack--the oldest elder said. This guy must be nuts suggesting something like that. His member didn't die; he didn't lose them. He was negligent, I help each of them find a different pack, and some even join mine, and now he thinks I'll voluntarily give MY members out; he got something else coming.

Excuse-me? Did you maybe investigate where did his members go? How did they die? How can all of them be gone at the same time? And yet he's alive? I'm saying this in the nicest way possible, get off my property before y'all end up in the dungeon, elders or not.

They all look at me with a raised eyebrow, and I didn't even move a muscle, waiting for the fight that will happen. Phoebe---it's alpha White to you, Josh, I said in the most alpha voice I can muster.

Why the F-k I'm calling you alpha if you not calling me by my title too? he said

You don't deserve it, I scream. The elders might not know what you have done, but I know it all. I was the one who helped all of your old members; I make sure I gave them a place they can call home. His eyes widen, and the elders stare at me like I was at fault.

Josh turns to the eldest elder ' I no longer want half of her members; I challenge her for the alpha title and the territory. After all, a female should be breeding pups, not leading men.

Listen, Josh, the only way you'll get this pack will have to be over my dead body, so unless this is a fight to the death--I don't accept.

To the death, then Phoebe-he smirked.

I didn't even let him finish disrespecting me in my own territory; I attack him with a full fist right at the throat. He stumbles back, trying to catch his breathing; he kept coughing, so I use that as an opportunity and smash my fist into his left jaw; I can see blood flow out of his mouth to the ground. I back away because I wanted a fair fight, so I let him breathe for a while. In the meantime, I turn around and remove the jacket Abi let me borrow so it won't get dirty and handed it to Caroline. Just because I was a fair person doesn't mean Josh was because the minute I turn away, he ran and blindsided me, but Caroline saw that and jump in for me; he got her by the throat and throw her to the ground. He shouldn't have done that because all I saw was red from that point.

I kneed him on the groin and had him to my height, 'you are not meant to be alpha--punch-- an alpha is someone who takes care of his members and protects them, not being the reason they prefer being rouge--hit--If the elders don't stop you, then I will--punch.

I felt Abi getting upset, and I paused to better understand her feelings and didn't get to see when the coward raises his fist to my nose; he did a double-take and managed to cut my lips; I can taste the blood. Come on, Phoebe, focus--my wolf scream. He grabs my head, his fingers digging into my scalp, and I was being lifted up, standing only in my tipping toes. He slams his fist into my ribs, and my body ripple at the pain-- shift my wolf yell-- I change into his hands and bite him and jump to the other side to catch my breath.

Take care of Hillary for me, I heard in my head; I turn around and saw Caroline staring at me with pleading eyes, and base on the way her throat looks, I know she won't make it. Hold on, I link back, but it was too late. I felt the connection between my pack member broke, and now Hillary was an orphan. I turn around and jump with my jaw lock on Josh, ready at his neck, and then I heard Abi's alpha voice; it was filled with power. Why wasn't I aware she was at the border pack? I tilt my head to the side, not wanting to turn away from Josh, and saw my warriors in a straight line with hands up.