4(E)

Phoebe Pov

I can't believe my mate ran away from me. I saw her strengthen herself when she walked in the door like she was pushed in, her eyes landed on me, and my wolf was howling MATE MATE MATEEE, and I was happy and excited because finally, I was starting to think the moon goddess left me to be alone. I swore when she ran away, a piece of my heart broke, but what hurt the most, the reason I didn't chase her was that I saw her kissing this guy this morning; I didn't get a chance to see her eyes, but I did get to see her face, and she was kissing that Andy guy that I had in my English class. While I waited for her, she had a whole boyfriend, and if she had a boyfriend, why was she pair with me? Maybe she's bisexual, I said to myself. But it still doesn't explain why she ran.

I kept a straight face on and approach my beta Anna, my Gamma Hanna, Sam, John, Monica, Samara (Sam twin), and Andre (Anna twin). Hanna and Anna already met their mate who is John and Monica. Since Sam is holding this girl's hand, I'm guessing that's her mate, and Andre is with this guy, so I think that's his. I think out of our group of friends, it seems that I'm the only one mateless. I won't tell them my mate ran away from me.

"Hey guys," I said to everyone and took a seat next to them.

"Hey, Alpha," they all replied.

My beta Anna did the introduction. Phoebe, this is my mate Kyla; she's Angel Moon pack's beta; Schneider, Andre's mate, and gamma. And Andre and Kyla, this is alpha White of the White pack.

Pleasure meeting you--Kyla said

Glad you decided to join us ---Schneider said, and we apologize on our alpha behalf for not being able to make it to you this morning; she had an emergency meeting last minute, and she assumed she would have been done on time to meet with you. But I would call you after school to remind you of our meeting this evening at 6, so I'll go ahead and remind you now.

Don't worry about it, gamma; I understand the life of an alpha. Especially a young one, I'm sure she was really occupied.

I mind link Sam, Anna and Hanna --their alpha is my mate, she ran away the minute her eyes landed in mine. She was so busy this morning that she didn't make our meeting but had the time to kiss this dude in front of her car.

They looked at me in shock, and I just nod my head at them and excuse myself. I had paperwork to catch up on anyway, and I did not want to be the reason why my best friends didn't get the chance to get to know their mate. Samara decided to go with me so she wouldn't be left out.

How was your second first day, kiddo? I ask her

It was okay, alpha. I met my mate in 4th period, but he smells like another female, and I didn't want to deal with the whole drama on the first day, so I just walked away, speaking of which, there he is now. When she said that, I lift my head up to see the guy that my mate was kissing this morning, and I let a growl out and run towards him and put him on the wall.

How dare you touch what's not yours? I said through gritted teeth while my hand on his throat. Samara told me, it's okay, Phoebe, let him go, but My wolf was in control, and she refused to let me in. I saw Anna and Sam running toward us; I'm guessing Samara mind-link them.

Phoebe, Sam said, let him go. I understand you are protective of Samara, but you're hurting her mate, and she needs to fix this by herself, you can't always protect her, and I'm sure he's sorry. Finally, my wolf let me back in control, and I release my hand from his neck.

I ask him again, how dare you touch what's not yours? He finally caught his breath and said, 'why are you so protective of my mate, you bitch" and everyone around gasp, including his mate. He calls out to Samara, and Samara ignores him and stays by my side. She looked him up and down and said 1) if you trying to get me to forgive you, that is not the way to go 2) this is my alpha you talking to and when he heard that his eyes open wide, and 3) like I told you, don't approach me until the end of the day because you will not ruin my first day, I refused to let you.

Andy started apologizing to Samara, and he turned around and apologized to me, and I just growl and say not only you hurt my pack member who is your mate, but also touch my mate and disrespect me. Your alpha will either deal with you, or you'll deal with me, and it won't be easy. I hate sharing, and I hope when I finally talk to my mate, she better be pure, or you'll have another issue coming in. I walked away, leaving all of the shocks because I have never lost my cool that easily.

I can't believe my mate ran away from me; that is the only thing that's been playing on my mind all day.