FOURTEEN

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What? What do you mean mom?" I asked, focusing my attention on her.

She sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, "You do remember what happened, right?"

FLASHBACK

I was outside, chopping some wood with my favorite axe.

Since my 15th birthday was yesterday and I didn't get much time to myself, this was my way to cope in silence.

"Y/N, you shouldn't be stressing your body out so early in the morning," My mother stated as she approached me, "Put that axe down and come inside for some breakfast."

I sighed deeply as I put my axe down and followed my mom inside and sat at the dinner table with my two other siblings.

"Ew Y/N. You're all sweaty!" Kendra commented when she saw me.

"I'll take a bath after breakfast but for now, let's eat."

~

After breakfast, I was making my way upstairs to head to my room to shower when my father pulled me into his office.

"Y/N, we need to talk," He said quickly as he went to sit in his office chair.

I looked around as I saw mom already seated in front of him so I sat next to her.

"Yes dad?" I asked, confused on the situation.

The man looked over stressed and the dark lines were becoming even more noticeable.

Sighing, my father came clean, "I'm not going to beat around the bush with you Y/N because what I'm about to tell you is going to change you forever."

I nodded, listening to what he has to say.

"I lost you son," He announced, causing me to raise an eyebrow, "Meaning, I lost you in a bet."

I was about to interrupt him but he put his hand up, "Let me finish please. A day before your birthday, I went out with my fellow coworkers and I ended up getting drunk. In my drunken haze, I uh made a bet with important people in the CIA and if I lost, I had to give you to them. Turns out, I did lose the bet and now you have to be separated from me, your mother and your siblings."

The amount of rage I felt inside was incomparable to any anger I've felt before in my entire life!

How could he?!

HOW FUCKING COULD HE!!!

~

PRESENT

"That same day, those men dad were talking about came for me and I never had a chance to say goodbye to Kendra and Stephano," I spoke out, feeling the anger build up again.

"Y/N, that wasn't the only bad thing to happen that day. Your father left me a note in his office before he departed. I've saved it all these years for you to see but its only if you want to," My mother said, rubbing my back.

I let out a cold chuckle, "You don't know what I had to endure mom. What dad did, hell, what those MONSTERS did, was unthinkable! My first three years in that fucking academy was brutal. Mom, they made me into a beast! At my time there, I knew they were exploiting me because I was special. No one had to tell what I already knew. I thought with my gifts, all I had to do was outperform everyone else and maybe, just maybe, something good for me would happen but Nope! What happened was far from it."