TEN

Your P.O.V.

I was seasoning the meats and conversing with Tony who was working the bar. Apparently, he has a degree in bar-tendering which is good.

"The boss is coming. Act natural," Tony whispered before turning to do another thing.

I nodded and washed my hands in the sink that was connected to the bar. Then, I heard someone clear their throat.

I looked up to see Megan with an empty tequila glass in her hands. She placed it down on the counter top, "Y/N, we need to talk,"

Deciding to not cause a scene, I followed her to area a little secluded from the rest of the crowd.

My boss turned to face me with a not so happy face on, "What did you tell Kelsey?"

"Nothing. Besides, it's not my business to interfere with my employer's affairs so you have to ask her," I stated, putting my hands in my pockets.

Megan rolled her eyes, clearly not satisfied with my answer, "Don't bullshit me Y/N. You know something so tell me."

I chuckled, wiping a hand over my face, "Maybe it would be better to show you but for now, enjoy your party," I replied, ushering her back to the people who wanted to speak to her. She gave me a glare as I left her alone with the crowd.

I went back to the grill to fire it up and place the seasoned meat on it. The DJ finally set up his shit so music was blasting in the back yard.

Basically everyone was growing to the beat of the music and more people was coming to the bar.

The meat on the grill was almost done so I put the barbecue sauce on it to finish it off. Let's not forget the heat from the grill was starting to cause me to sweat so I opened my shirt to allow some air to hit my skin.

(This outfit but lime green)

Not even a minute later, I had a few ladies came up to the grill while I placing the food in the silver pan

Not even a minute later, I had a few ladies came up to the grill while I placing the food in the silver pan. I recognized two as Megan's friends and the other one I didn't know.

"Look Taylor. Isn't this the guy that rejected you?" One of the girls said. Taylor huh? I remember her.

Taylor scoffed as she sized me up, "Nothing special," She retorted as her friends giggled besides her.

"You ladies want anything to eat?" I asked, trying to divert the topic. It's tiring when I'm the topic of conversation.

"You wanted something Janice?" Taylor asked her friend who nodded as an answer.

I let her choose which meat she wanted and passed it to her. I was about to close the lid for the food but Taylor stopped me, "Melody and I want some too,"

I nodded and grabbed a plate for them too. I handed them the food and with one bite, I watched all three of them tear down the food in front of them.