TWELVE

January 2019

Your P.O.V.

A new year has arrived but same old shit.

You're probably wondering if I gave Megan a New Year's kiss. Thing is, I didn't. Well not with her hectic schedule anyway.

She told me that she would be increasingly busy securing promo for her mixtape. After that, I barely heard from her since but I'm not stressing over it.

I had just come out of the barbershop with a fresh haircut when I got a call from Megan. This is unexpected.

"Hey," I said, answering the phone as I got in the car.

I heard sniffling on the other end of the phone. Something happened...

"Megan," I answered slowly.

"Please come to the hospital Y/N," She replied back below a whisper. Good thing I have excellent hearing.

Megan gave me the address and in no time, I was at the hospital.

It didn't need to take a genius to realize what was going on. Ms. Thomas was succumbing to her tumor.

I went to the receptionist desk and she directed me to Megan's mother hospital room.

As I walked inside, it was a sight for sore eyes.

Megan was sobbing over her mother's lifeless body while EJ and Jonathan were crying in separate corners. All of them looked like they would keel over any minute.

I kept my mouth shut and made my way over to her, lightly touching her shoulder.

Megan felt it and with heavy eyes, she sniffled as she hugged me tight. I embraced her and kissed her head, quietly letting her know I'm here for her.

I took a peak at Ms. Thomas' body and remembered what she told me.

"I know you'll make her happy and protect her so I have nothing to worry about,"

I sighed as I held Megan closer to me. Her mother entrusted her daughter in my care as she knew she wouldn't live long to see her prosper.

Honestly, I don't know if Ms. Thomas was smart or foolish for doing this but I'll try to the best of my ability.

~

After Megan, EJ and Jonathan calmed down, I rode with them back to Megan's house and had someone drive my car behind us.

Right now, Megan and I are in her room, in comfortable silence as we lay in the bed.

Occasionally, I would look at her to make sure she looked alright but you could see the grief in her eyes.

"Take as much time as you need Megan," I said as I kissed her forehead.

She nodded and she laid her head on the pillow, "Will you be here when I wake up?" Megan asked me as the sleepiness was evident in her voice.

I nodded with a small smile on my face, "I will. Now get some sleep,"

Just as I said that, the woman went fast asleep.

As I got out of the bed, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I quietly exited the room to answer the call, "Y/N,"

"Son," My mother started to say, "I have news to tell you."

"Like what?"

I heard my mother sigh on the other side of the phone, "I'm gonna need you to come back home. Not just for Penelope's birthday but for what I have to tell you,"

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. I can't just up and leave. Megan...

"When do you want me to come over?" I answered leaning against the wall.

My question seemed to caused my mom to laugh, "You haven't forgotten your nieces birthday already?"

Shit, her birthday is in two days.

I ran a hand over my face, "No I haven't. That means I have to leave tomorrow,"

"Bingo. We all will be happy to see you Y/N. I miss my baby boy," My mother cooed across the phone.

I chuckled, "I miss you too mom but I have to go. We'll talk when I get there,"

We ended the call and I went back inside Megan's room and saw that she was still fast asleep.

I joined her under the covers and took a nap as well.

~

I woke up to an empty space besides me. I touched the area and it was slightly cold meaning she got up a while ago.

I got the bed, stretched and went downstairs to find Megan cooking something.

She looks so focused on the food. Probably not trying to burn it again.

"Hey," I said, taking a seat in the stool in front of island.

Megan looked up at me with a small smile on her lips, "Hey babe. How was your sleep?"

"It was good. How was yours?" I replied back, watching her take up two plates.

Megan didn't reply for a few minutes, "It was....it was something."

Probably had a dream about her mother so I won't bother her on it.

She grabbed both plates and began walking to the living room so I followed her.

I sat besides her on the couch while she turned the tv on and placed her legs over my lap.

I raised an eyebrow at her and she just shook her head, "I'm not in the mood Y/N,"

O...kay?

I internally laughed as I grabbed my food and started eating.

We were talking about a few things before TMZ came on the TV.

"Megan thee Stallion's m-" I switched the channel. She didn't need to hear that.

"Why did you change it?" She asked.

"It was starting to annoy me," I answered, not wanting to press the matter further.

Megan poked my cheek, "You have something to tell me. Your body went tense,"

I blew out air as I place my plate on the table and looked at her.

She's most definitely not gonna like what I'm about to tell her but it's now or ever.

"I do have something to tell you and it's regarding my mother,"

Megan gasped and placed a hand over her mouth, "Is she sick too?"

I shook my head with a little laugh, "She's fine but she wants me to come visit,"

"And when are you leaving?"

I ran a hand over my hair, "I'm leaving soon. Like very soon,"

Meg rolled her eyes, "Y/N, spit it out. I need a date,"

"It's tomorrow. I'm leaving tomorrow."

~

A not so long chapter but eh. Maybe next chapter will be longer I guess.

So my question is should I make a Twitter and Instagram for my books? I've been thinking about it for a while but idk how to feel about it. Would you guys enjoy something like that?

As always, vote and comment 😀.