twenty.

⁺◟ chapter twenty

chapter twenty. . .
i hate school, i hate
school, i hate school,
i HATE school !

 ꜜ❝ i hate school, i hateschool, i hate school,i HATE school ! ❞

25 august 2020

eric and hyunjoon stare at their zombie-like best friend. they turn to look at each other and nod before walking up to hyori.

"you good?" asks hyunjoon, knocking on her desk.

hyori groans, "i'm in my sad hours, dude. leave me alone."

eric chuckles and swivels around, facing kim sunwoo. "yo sunwoo!"

sunwoo stares at eric, surprised.

"your girl—"

"eric sohn, come with me!" hyori forces a smile onto her lips, her eyebrows slightly twitching. eric gulps, suddenly fearing for his well being as hyori drags him away. hyunjoon waves goodbye at sunwoo and walks after eric and hyori.

hyunjoon finally reaches them. he opens his mouth to say something only to get cut off by eric.

"what?" eric yells, his eyes wide and his jaw hanging open. "you guys broke up?"

"i literally just told you that we broke up not even a minute ago eric, you gotta keep up man."

"aw hell no," eric says, rolling up the sleeves of his school shirt. "sunwoo isn't going to live to see another day."

hyunjoon places his hand on eric's shoulder, nodding in agreement. "for the first time ever," he says, "i actually agree with you eric."

both boys start marching back to the classroom. hyori runs towards the classroom door and stands in front of it. "don't make a scene please," she pleads, "i just want to... go about my day peacefully."

they both huff.

"i guess beating up sunwoo will have to wait," whispers eric. hyunjoon nods in agreement as the trio take their seats, the bell ringing shortly afterwards.

mrs kwon, the math teacher, walks in, telling the students to take out their homework.

eric curses. "shit! i forgot to do it... hey hyunjoon, can i—"

"no."

"well, fuck you too. hey yori, can i—"

"no."

"well, fuck you too."

˚◞♡ ⃗*ೃ༄

the trio walk down the cafeteria, trays in hand. eric looks at hyori, gagging when they pass a certain couple.

"hyori~"

sighing, hyori turns back, looking at taehee and sunwoo. she deadpans at them, blinking. "what?"

taehee looks at her, a grin etched on her lips. she grabs sunwoo's chin, turning his face toward her, kissing him. taehee tilts her head towards hyori, smirking at her. "isn't my—"

hyori yawns. "what was that supposed to do?" she asks, blinking at them. "make me jealous?"

"maybe?" says taehee, confused at the girl's reaction.

"why should i be jealous?" hyori glances at sunwoo, noticing how he refuses to look at her. she sighs, mumbling. "it's not like our relationship was real, anyways..."

"what?"

"what?" eric looks at hyori, his eyes wide like the sun. "not real? you guys... weren't actually dating?"

sunwoo whips his up towards hyori.

"you—"

"we should get going now," hyori mumbles, glancing at eric and hyunjoon.

as they walk away, eric and hyunjoon look back at sunwoo, glaring at him.

"just say the word and we'll beat him up real good," they both say. eric keeps staring at sunwoo until he looks up. he brings his index and pointer finger up, pointing at his eyes and then at sunwoo.

the trio sits down at an empty table. hyori plops down, her arms sliding across the table and rests her head flat against the surface. "i hate it here," she says, her voice sounding muffled.

hyunjoon frowns, patting her back in an attempt to comfort her.

"listen," says eric, "i can go fight him if you say the word, yori."

"violence is not—"

"hey hyori!"

kevin sits down next to the girl. he furrows his eyebrows at her lame reaction. "is everything okay?"

hyori lazily turns her head, blowing a few strands of her hair out from her face to look at kevin. "i'm going to murder the next person that asks that."

kevin gasps, his hand flying up to his chest. he slaps his other hand over his mouth and leans forwards with wide eyes. "you're going to kill me?" he asks. "okay, tell me when and where. i need to look great for my death, you know?"

hyori stares at him before laughing, her head still on the table. "you're a weird one, kev."

sunwoo stares at them, unconsciously frowning while taehee speaks to him. he hears her say something about hating her english teacher before taehee's voice becomes background sound to him, the only thing he can focus on was kevin and hyori. they're like two blinding lights that stand out to him more clearly than everyone else in the cafeteria.

he's quite annoyed by it.