nineteen.

⁺◟ chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen. . .
all good things
come to an end
eventually i
guess. . .

24 august 2020

24 august 2020

hyori plays with her hands in her lap, her mind elsewhere. she snaps out of her thoughts when she hears knocking. she gets up from her spot on the couch, slowly making her way towards the front door and opening it. eric shyly smiles at her and follows her back to the couch; he stands awkwardly, asking if he can sit next to her. she nods and eric sits by her side.

"i'm sorry," says eric. "i... i was being immature about handling this whole situation."

hyori shakes her head, waving her hands in front of her. "no! i should be the one apologizing to you, 'ric," she says. "i shouldn't have said that you didn't like me and should've respected your feelings and taken them seriously. i just..." she trails off, placing her hands back in her lap, staring at them before continuing. "... i didn't know how to deal with you saying that. i didn't want to lose my best friend, but at the end of the day that's what ended up happening."

"we're both at fault," sighs eric. "i'm... i'm sorry for what happened yesterday. i should really stop drinking at parties..."

the girl laughs. "hyunjoon sucks ass at looking after you. anyways, you're forgiven."

eric sits up, looking at hyori with wide eyes. "really?" he asks, jumping in his seat.

hyori puts up a finger. "only on one condition."

"what is it?"

"you have to be my best friend again after this."

eric tackles the girl into a hug. "i never stopped being your best friend in the first place, dumbass."

hyori grins, hugging eric. as they pull away from the hug, eric cleared his throat.

"um, you're right though."

furrowing her eyebrows, hyori asks what she's right about.

"i don't like you."

"see!" she says, slapping his arm. "i was fucking right all along!"