three.

⁺◟ chapter two

chapter two . . .
d-did he just...

9 april 2020

9 april 2020

hyori's tongue sticks out from the corner of her mouth in concentration as she scribbles down words on a piece of paper. she's bored out of her mind as her teacher, mrs kwon, talks about the laws of logarithm. satisfied with the finished product, hyori glances everywhere to make sure that no one's looking at her. once the coast seems to be clear, she crumbles the piece of paper into a ball and throws it at the back of hyunjoon's head. the boy jolts up in his seat after the crumpled piece of paper makes impact with his head, and looks around him to catch the culprit. his chair makes a scraping noise against the floor as he moves it backwards. mrs kwon turns her attention from the board in front of her to the boy, an eyebrow cocked upwards in confusion.

"is there something wrong, mr heo?" she asks.

hyunjoon shakes his head with a sheepish smile on his lips. the teacher looks at him once more with squinted eyes before going back to solving logx subtracted from log(x+9).

hyori quietly giggles at her friend's confusion. hyunjoon whips around to look at the girl, his jaw dropping when he realizes that she's the culprit.

you better watch out for yourself, hyori, he mouths to her. hyori rolls her eyes at him, a smile finding its way onto her lips. she quickly motions towards the paper at the bottom of his desk while hyunjoon glares at her. he sighs, leaning down to snatch the paper from the ground. he opens, smoothing down the creases before he reads what's written on it.

the bell rings.

everyone bids goodbye to mrs kwon as she grabs her things, getting ready to teach the class next door. however, hyunjoon shoots up from his seat with wide eyes, the paper clutched tightly in his right hand. "you did not just say that my hair looks like a bird's nest, hyo!"

everyone turns to look at the boy who is fuming. hyori laughs, causing sunwoo to roll his eyes from his seat behind her. he kicks her chair, and the girl turns around with her lips pursed in annoyance.