four.

⁺◟ chapter four

chapter four . . .
oh.

11 april 2020

11 april 2020

hyunjoon stares at the girl through his phone. he holds a glass filled with soda in his hand, sipping from his straw as his spectacles fall to the bridge of his nose. in his other hand, he cradles a bucket of popcorn, the movie he had planned to watch now long forgotten. hyunjoon scoops a handful of popcorn, popping piece by piece into his mouth. he watches as hyori runs around her room, throwing clothes upon clothes everywhere. she flops down on her bed, hands tugging at the roots of her dark, long hair. it amazes him how her hair hadn't been ruined yet from all the times she's ran a hand through it in exasperation. his brown eyes catch sight of hyori's jean overalls; his eyes trail around the room, landing on an orange, cropped-hoodie that the girl hadn't worn in ages.

"hyo," he calls out, placing his drink on the table and covering his mouth with his hand while he finished munching on his popcorn.

"what?" she groans, hands trailing down her face.

"you can just wear those overalls you're sitting on and that orange hoodie of yours that's hanging on top of your lamp by the door." hyunjoon leans forwards, grabbing his glass of soda and drinking out of it. hyori jumps up from her bed, grabbing her phone and bringing it up to her face as she grabs the clothes that hyunjoon had pointed out to her.

"you're a lifesaver, joon!" she says, her eye the only thing visible on the boy's screen. "i swear if i had gone on a call with eric, he would've done nothing but laugh at me and make me look like a damn clown."

hyunjoon laughs, watching as she flings her phone back onto her bed to get dressed. when she finishes, the boy says, "okay, hyo, it's time for... making your face look... less rough..."

hyori opens her mouth to say something, only to get cut off by the sound of the doorbell ringing. she squeaks, running around her room to find socks and her combat boots.

"tell me how the date goes!" hyunjoon says, amused at the girl's frantic state.

"it's not a date!" hyori says, hanging up. she goes down the stairs and makes her way to the door, swinging it open. kevin looks up from the ground at hyori, beaming at her. he wears a white shirt paired with a red and black plaid shirt and black-ripped jeans—it was the classic kevin look.