Part.8

*the gossip woman POV*

Martinus is saying to everybody who talked about him about the rumor that he was alone last night, but I didn't believe him, I heard a girl's voice, I'm completely sure. I'm going to find out why he was seeing that girl in secret, maybe they were planning something, maybe is something bad, maybe his family didn't like the girl and forbid him to date her or maybe the other way round and is her family who doesn't like him. Whatever it was the reason why he didn't wanted anyone to know, i'm going to find out.

I stayed up at night, and finally at midnight I saw Martinus walking in the street, I got out in silent and followed him, he walked to the river and I hided behind a tree and some bushes. Some minutes later someone arrived, it was a girl, but not a normal girl, it was the princess, omg, is he dating the princess!? I tried to not make a sound and listen to what they were saying."Hi" she said "hello, have you heard the rumor?" He asked "yeah, my father told me" she said "at least she didn't saw you" he said "I guess we were lucky" she said "yeah, we were" he said and kissed her, omg it's true, he is dating the princess, I'm sure that the king doesn't know, I have to tell him.

I run to the palace and knocked the door, a guard open it "who are you and what are you doing here?" He asked "I need to talk with the king" I said "why?" He asked "it's something about her daughter, the princess" I said "okay, follow me" he said, I followed him for a while till we arrive to a room "wait here, the king will come soon" he said. After half and hour the king finally arrived "my lord" I said "You said to my guard you wanted to tell me something about my daughter" he said "yes my lord" I said "talk then" he said "I guess you heard the rumor about a peasant dating a girl in secret" I said "yes" he said "well, I was so curios and today i decided to follow him, he arrived to the river and then a girl arrived, it was your daughter, the princess" I said "are you sure, that it was my daughter?" He asked "yes my lord, I'm completely sure" I said "but it's impossible she is sleeping in her room" he said "my lord, maybe you should check that, she might have sneaked out, so you didn't find out out about their relationship, since it's not possible the love between a princess and a peasant" I said "you can leave" he said "my lord" I said and leave.

*the king pov*

What this woman just said is not possible, Leah was sleeping in her room and how she would date a peasant? She might have helped him, she might want to help the peasants who live in the village but she would never date a peasant, she is not stupid, she would never date a peasant I'm sure, but I decided to check anyway. I walked to her room and knocked the door "Leah?" I said opening the door but she wasn't there.

I got on my horse and rode as fast as i could to the river, on the way we saw Francis "Francis, what are you doing here? Where is Leah? Are you with her?" I asked "I'm looking for her, I saw her running out of the palace" he said "to the river, in the point where it meets with the forest, she is there" I said "are you sure my lord?" He asked "yes, she is dating that stupid peasant, and she is seeing him there in secret, a woman came and told me about an hour ago, she saw them" I said

"Martinus POV*

"Leah how could you?" We heard a voice say, we turned around and saw the king coming "run Martinus" she said, "what about you?" I asked "don't worry about me just run" she said "come with me" he said "no, he won't hurt me, it's my father, but he could do horrible things to you, run, now" she said and looked to the king and a guard riding their horses and getting really close "good luck, I'll find you and we'll be together forever" I said and gave her a quick kiss on her lips before running away, I looked back and saw the king arriving to her and forcing her to get on the horse and they rode away.