part.3

About half an hour later we finally arrive to the palace "where did you go?" My father asked as he saw me "to Martinus' house to tell his family what happened" I said "oh, so that peasant's name is Martinus" he said "yes, can I ask you for something father?" I asked "what do you want?" He said "his house is really old and I'm afraid it will fall down in any moment, and as I came back I saw some houses in the village that are also about to fall, I was wondering if we could help them, if we could maybe repair the houses so they won't fall" I said "no" he said "but father, they need help, there are some families that are really poor, they barely can get enough money to eat" I said "the answer is no Leah" he said "why?" I asked "because life is unfair, we can't help everybody, things have to keep like this, some people are poor, some rich, life is like this" he said "but father please, I beg you "I said "NO LEAH, YOU CAN'T HELP EVERYBODY! YOU NEED TO LET LIFE KEEP GOING" he yelled angry "sorry father" I said as a tear rolled down my check "I want that useless peasant out of my house as soon as he can walk" he said "yes father" I said and walked to Martinus' room.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked as I walked in "a bit better, my head and stomach have stop hurting" he said "that's good, the doctor will came tomorrow to check how you are" I said "are you okay? It seems like you are crying" he said "oh, it's...nothing" I said "you can tell me, I won't tell it to anyone, I promise" he said "I just argued with my father, that's all" I said "why did you argue?" He asked "I went to your house, and saw that it was about to fall and I also saw some houses in the village were also like yours, I asked him if we could repair them but he said no, and we started arguing" I said "why you want to repair the houses and why are you helping me? I mean, nobody in the royal family have ever worried about the village and the peasants" he said "because I'm not like them, everyone in my family have just worried about ruling the kingdom and didn't see that the people living in it were so poor, they didn't see the way they are living is horrible, they didn't saw that they are dying because they can't get food, but me, I just want everybody to be okay, maybe I can't make the people in the kingdom rich but maybe I can give them a better life" I said "you'll be the best queen we ever had" he said "you really think so?" I asked "yes" he answered "thanks, I wish my father could say that someday" I said "what do you mean?" He asked trying to sit down "my father always says that I would never be a proper queen, he always say that all my ideas of helping the people will ruin the kingdom and that I will just sign my dead sentence by helping to make the village a batter place for everyone" i said "why does he said you will sign your dead sentence?" He asked "because he says that in the moment I start helping them they will ask for more and more things and at the end I won't be able to give them everything they want and I will end up like my mother" I said "may I ask how ended your mom? We never got a clear answer to what happened to the queen" he asks shyly "Mother tried to help a family of peasants, but another family got to know that she was helping them and they got angry because she helped another family and not them so they...they killed her" I said "omg, I'm sorry" he said "well, let's stop talking about this, I'll bring you dinner" I said and left, I came back some minute's later with the food "thank you" he said "no problem, I'll let you eat and sleep, I'll come tomorrow with the doctor" I said 'good night" he said "good night" I said.