002. red and green wars

chapter two, red and green wars

"𝔅loody hell, all I'm seeing is green. It's fucking amazing!" Bonnie grinned, peering around. As she happened to live in Ireland, their team was really the only one she knew. "Woo! Go Ireland!"

           A few people grinned, cheering with her before Cedric swatted her hands down, making her grin. The sun was shining brightly in the sky now, and Bonnie didn't know exactly where they were. Mr. Diggory had informed her that it's taken most of the year to set up the event to make sure no muggles came snooping around. Tents spread far and wide with wizards and witches who'd come to see the glorious event. Some had stayed heat for weeks to secure their spot. Some arriving only today. And all of it would be gone in a week.

          It was the Bulgarian team against the Ireland Quidditch team, although everyone, even Bonnie who had no interest in Quidditch except for betting, knew that the only reason the Bulgarian team was here was because of Victor Krum. The seeker for the Bulgarian team (the very cute seeker). Granted, Bonnie had never seen him in person, but at least from the covers of Witch Weekly he seemed like a really nice guy. And she was sure that photo didn't do him justice. Or she was just really lonely flipping through old things and wondering what it's be like to actually be in a relationship.

She could go on and on about Victor Krum's stunning eyes and eyebrows all day, Victor Krum was exactly the kind of person that everyone admired. Good marks. Perfect and well known and perfect (which Bonnie pointed out many times, believe her). Stunning and almost god like. It was one of those situations where every guy wanted to be him (or with him), much like every girl. Bonnie, didn't at all want to be with him. But, meeting him━ even if she knew literally nothing about Quidditch━ would be like a dream come true for her. And she was fairly certain the stands of the Quidditch World Cup were the closest she'd ever actually get to him.

"Hey, Ced?" Bonnie called to the boy walking in next to her, already beads of green three leaf clovers laced around her neck. He glanced to her in acknowledgement. "What's you think if I did green face paint. You know. War paint. I think I'd look like a badass."

Cedric snorted. "Yeah, you'd be as scary as a puppy."

Bonnie pouted, replying, "Puppies can grow up and be terrifying."

"No."

"I'll take that as a yes."

"All right kids! We're here!" Amos said, stopping in front of a semi big tent, stepping aside to let the bickering young adults through.