012. harry's warning

chapter twelve, harry's warning

𝔅onnie was grateful she had a free period, in which she hoped to study more in the courtyard. By now, the first task was growing increasingly closer and Bonnie now had a good reason to panic. There was no hint of what she would face in the first task, not even a whisper and it made her sick. Whenever she went into the library she usually spotted Viktor and Dominic or Harry studying textbooks for defensive charms and such. Fleur must've been studying the the giant house like carriage that the Beauxbatons group came in for she felt like she saw her less and less.

Cedric had come out with her, having his own free period before Ancient Ruins, something that Bonnie never understood why he took because to her it was all just rubbish. No matter how hard she tried in her third year she couldn't understand it, and begged to be dropped from it until finally she was.

Another person she'd seen less and less of was Julia. She could feel the girl slipping from her grasp and while she knew it was normal for friends to spread apart it still didn't feel right. She shook her head thinking about it, disliking the dark turn of thoughts that had spread to her mind. Well, if anything she'd grown closer to Amber at least.

"Perhaps they said something, a hint or a clue you missed," Cedric offered watching Bonnie dive into texts, for the first time in a while looking stressed.

It was no secret Bonnie was a more laid back person until final exams hit. So seeing her as stressed as she was for something not completely school related was odd. She looked stiffer. As though she expected something to jump out at any corner and tackle her. Which Amber had done once with the excuse she should be prepared for anything. It was how Amber was left laying on the ground twitching and laughing hysterically with the tickling charm on her until Bonnie felt benevolent to take it off.

"No, the entire night the main problem was Harry. I don't think they even wished us good luck," Bonnie said frowning, squinting at the words on the page as she tried to remember and biting the inside of her cheek.

Cedric said nothing, instead looking down at the textbook she'd placed in front of him and scrunched his nose. "Why would you need to know how to turn a rock into a dog?"

"Distraction." Bonnie answered with a shrug. "Anything can be distracted by a dog. They are the cutest things in the world."

"You said that last week about toads." Cedric reminded.

Bonnie once again shrugged. "And next time I'll probably say it about kittens. Your point?"