5

Aizawa doesn't sleep that night. No, he makes it home and sits in front of his computer, searching up everything he could to get his mind off of that night's conversations. He couldn't be a family therapist, but having Hizashi's daughter rather talk to him than her own father was a serious issue. Although she had the same eye bags and clothing style, she wasn't his kid. He was not allowed to care like he had tried to earlier, asking her to eat, with or without him. He bites his lip, his gut feeling telling him to care anyways. Mic won't, and she obviously has no friends. He's seen Momo and the girls try, but Iris just didn't click with them. Well... Tsuyu had gotten somewhere, and who knows what people do when behind eyes. Surely she had to have some sort of friend right? Right? His heart strings are pulled again, and he couldn't help but cry for the girl. Aizawa wasn't one to cry, and this girl wasn't a sob story. The tears just came raining down, did he pity her? No, he cared for her. He remembers the color of her eyes, the sound of her laugh, frankly enough, her baby pictures.

Hizashi was a good man, still is in some ways. At one point, Hizashi got really excited over the birth of his own kid, but perhaps he'd never expected the woman he loved to leave unexpectedly. His somewhat enemy, Charlotte Tahashi... A woman who could see new colors. She was so angry to be pregnant, secretly giving him afistfull of her opinion on the thought of naming the child officially 'Lil Shit'. Having now realized it, Aizawa was attached to this girl. She did not need her mother, that forsaken woman turning out to be a villain. Hizashi was a broken man after that relationship. He can't even look at her now, Hizashi couldn't even speak to her. Of course Aizawa would be furious if Hizashi were to say something like that again. He didn't deserve to say that, it was a good thing he hadn't said that to his daughter, for that would probably crush her poor little heart.

"Better off with her mother.... Jesus, Mic..."

A broken man. At least Aizawa was sane still, keeping tabs. The woman didn't die, no. Charlotte ran. She tried to run away with the baby. That damned villain had to be somewhere, and somehow that woman had to be close, to be paying for her child support and fees from having a kid. He'd looked for her during the USJ attack, during most of his missions. She had other dues to pay, a kid to meet. A teenager. Iris was a teenager now. His heart strings were pulled once more, finding that Hizashi still cared enough. Somewhat.Having said something along the lines of 'Don't steal my kid' gave off a bunch of protective vibes. As a father should. It was his daughter, yet Shota couldn't stop himself from loving her as his own. She needed that sort of support, it had to come from somewhere.

The USJ interrupts his thoughts again, his elbow sore and his hair disheveled from stress. He remembers that she'd gone after him because his quirk wasn't meant for so many villains at a time. He remembers her swift movements, her azure eyes filled with worry, fear. If she hadn't interfered with his work, he would have died in that building. He was especially proud that she managed for so long with so many villains. She was a good student, one of his best. Seeing her destroyed like this, he didn't have many choices left to choose from. He took a mini break before specifying them, taking his bandages off and letting his buried skin free to breathe.

His options were; Push her towards her father, the one she didn't want. Push her towards an agency, something to persuade her to do better. Or take her in, love her.

He didn't choose, instead he showered and slept.