8

Izuku couldn't harness it, a deep feeling he'd never felt before. It was worse than guilt, perhaps it was pity? Watching the banana color haired girl yell at his class, Iida watched beside him. She was hunched over, defending something she didn't have to, shouldn't have to. They both remembered what had happened to her, none of them could forget it really. Iida had left to get help, but obviously wasn't fast enough, his face always changing softly for her, whenever looking or thinking of her. He didn't know what it was, but she looked so sorrowful, Iida couldn't help but leave her be when he demanded respect or even normal reserve from people.

Deku on the other hand, he could have prevented it all. Now, he didn't have enough courage to ask about her quirk, if she still had it of course. He was petrified, unable to move when he watched the villains fingers push her eyeballs back. He couldn't handle it. So what use was he as a hero, if he couldn't move in a crisis like hers?

"And you! Stop staring at me like I'm helpless! I hate it!" There was almost a snarl in her voice, Deku would call it a reprimand. He flinches, eyeing her warily with his hands up in defense. He was so lost in thought that her little outburst didn't even strike him as loud and inconvenient like Kacchan.

"I-I'm sorry! I hadn't meant-"

"Iris! Hallway, now." She stands up abruptly, lifting her chin towards the teacher. Iida lets his jaw drop, watching her fists clenched in anger. Deku watches her stomp out of the class, trembling with seeming fury. He thought it was worse than Bakugo's temper, it was rather real here. It was real. He stood from his seat, and he began to follow her. If any time was the right time to tell her what he had the chance to do, it was now.

"I'll be right back, guys." Bakugo almost beat him.

"N-no! I can do it. I can. I have some things to say anyways..."

Everybody looks at the green haired boy, and Bakugo stands, almost protective of the girl now pacing in the hallway. Even Aizawa stopped, staring at him as if it were a joke. Everybody is quiet, and the blond growls. Izuku Midoriya wasn't one to stand down, but forever in his life would he resist a fight against his frenemy Katsuki Bakugo.

"No, I've got it."

"Kacchan no!"

"Fuck off nerd!"

It's almost a race, Iida had to restrain Deku before he could win, he knew all too well from what Mina had spilled, Bakugo had to be the one. It seems that everybody in class 1-A knew that blind girl was in trouble, and it seemed only Midoriya and Bakugo wanted to share that trouble. Deku wiggled in his grasp, baring his teeth, embarrassed. Bakugo passed Aizawa without permission, and they made eye contact, daring his own teacher to stop him. Asserting his authority, he finds the girl gone. His heart almost sinks, finding no trace of her.

"Iris!"

"Jesus christ! Fuck. Off!"

Bingo. He begins to run, hoping to tackle her into submission if need be. Her anger, at this rate it was going to lead into something bad. Most likely including her father, which was down the hallway where his classroom was he'd heard her from. He growls, finding her furious self to be climbing into the ceiling. What the fuck? If only he knew that that was where she had her panic attacks. A simple rule, Allmight had found her up there while trying to hide from the students in his smaller form. She does her best not to think of the creepy old man in the walls, but still goes up there in times of need.

"What the hell...?" He follows her, grasping her ankle and jerking her back down. She almost hits her head on the floor, if not for Bakugo. Now in an awkward position, only Bakugo could see her blushing face, her eyes wide open. A hand supporting her head, another himself, both his legs on either side of her torso, and all her limbs supporting her weight distribution. She begins to close her eyes, confused and afraid, he jumps off her, baring his teeth with a strong blush.