21

"I fucking knew it. I really am loveless. All thanks to you two doing it raw one night, I have to take care of your fucking mess." Charlotte is shoved backwards, and Bakugo regains his breath. He begins to descend on Iris, wanting to save her like she saved him. Momo held him back, a strong grip on his shoulder. He now knew why she began her work study early. This wasn't right, watching Iris replicate her mothers smile, her eyes remained open. Tapping into a new part of her quirk, Bakugo shivers, watching the scene unfold. He almost didn't want to stop her, for he'd be letting Charlotte free again. He should though, he was torn.

"You really think that I didn't know why you left? Do you know how many times I've gone over this moment in my head? Do you-"

"Of course I know! Because you let me in that thick skull of yours! I know everything about-" Charlotte begins gasping for breath, her hand swatted away as Iris quickly puts her in a choke hold. It was so fast, everyone had a hard time realizing that Iris was more capable than ever.

"I don't like being interrupted." She snarls, her anger channeled into... everything. Bakugo stops, and he stumbles backwards. A chill runs up his spine, and he knows she's looking at him, even though her red pupils are trained on her mother. She was everywhere, her eyesight unleashed for once in her life. She could see.

"Iris!"

"Stay out of it!"

He flinched, and by this time everybody was out in that hallway, backing Bakugo up as if he was an opposing force. He really was glad he wasn't, because this is how she won against Endeavor. Using her speed and anger, she beat him with blinding colors. It was her lack of control that made him, the number one hero, fear a teenage kid.

"You know.... I really thought you'd come back to us as a kid. But like you said, you knew that already. You know how my future was going to turn out just now, right? You know exactly what I'm going to do next." That sent a chill down everyone's back, but not one peep escaped anybody's mouth. They were afraid.

"Iris don't do this! I know what it's like to be angry at your parents. I know-" Todoroki had recovered, holding his face and his body up above the ground, trying to stand.

"But he was there for you dammit! Your father is a hero! He helped you become who you are today! He was there for you, and you're taking him for granted. I beat him because he told me to. I'm so jealous of you, Todoroki. You've got everything, including a strict father who buys you gifts for your birthday, a mother who really accepted you. You have it all. I'm not angry, I'm simply accepting." She growls, and Charlotte tries to find her daughters eyes. But they were everywhere, and she was beginning to see why she feared her daughter. It overwhelmed her, her quirk weakened against such a strong pair of eyes. She couldn't do it, she couldn't fight her daughter's power. The worse thing, her own sinuses began to itch, the raw sensation causing the back of her eyes to burn horribly.

"Iris... I love you." Her mothers voice was weak, her sharp nails clawing into her daughters forearms, trying to free herself from the hold. She tried to manipulate her again, but the itch was getting harder to ignore. Her lungs craved precious air, her windpipe crushing beneath Iris's elbow. She never learned how to defend herself, always using eyesight as her defense. Iris chuckles, her lip twitching into a smile. She knew she was winning, but she couldn't stop. This feeling, it felt really nice. Cold, but nice.

"No you don't..."

And Charlotte could no longer breath, now ravaging Iris's arms with her sharp nails. Iris didn't care, letting her villainous nature get the best of her as no one intervened. Even Bakugo was a little afraid, horrified even, watching her not once wince in pain at the red lines her mother was giving her. He was glad her arms weren't turned the other way, or else it would result in her death. No blood was evident though, despite hearing lots of droplets hit the floor. Bakugo almost forgot her blood was invisible. So it was her anger, Todoroki thought, that fueled her fighting force.