12

"I-I'm afraid I can't do that. Is something wrong, miss Bakugo?" She begins to get angry again, Mitsuki feeling her fist clench around Irises hand. There wasn't any time to waste here, not now.

"You have to, sweetie. He's a pro hero, right? He can help us get my son back from your mother, and then-"

"Miss, I don't have a mother. I think she died or something. And my dad is sorta... out somewhere. Taking the day off." She mutters, the cold getting to her nose already. They'd taken a left, and Iris could see a few feet away, thrashing waters and only one body above the surface. A woman forcing Bakugo under the water. Water? A reservoir. Iris gulps, and she looks at his mother, her eyebrows widening as she realizes the situation. Because she couldn't call a pro hero, she was going to perform a bargain.

"Miss Bakugo, I will not go with that woman. She looks horrifying, and-"

"Missy, I have no other choice. My son is in danger because of your father and you, and it is a mothers duty to make sure their child is safe and at home." Iris doesn't take another step, Mitsuki's angry and fearful eyes wide, staring into her soul. Iris shakes, her own mother probably died, should be dead, will be dead. Her mother left, a horrible truth she would never come to. Her mother left her, or maybe Iris left her. Or maybe... Hizashi had separated them, something, anything but abandonment. For some odd reason, Iris remembered her for a split second. Being carried throughout an unclean kitchen, witnessing the death of a fish for the first time.

"Miss Bakugo... That woman could-" A swift hand to the cheek, and Mitsuki renders the girl defenseless, her face warm and red, the shape of a handprint on her cheek as Mitsuki brings herself to tears.

"I need my son back, Goldilocks. Just... use your quirk to get away from her or, or something! I know you're in his class, in his grade, his school. I'm sure your quirk is enough to be a Pro, right? Just- just... Dammit! Call your father! Call anybody! Allmigth for fucks sake! I need my boy back." She sobs, watching the student before her flinch and step back a few feet. Mitsuki hides her face, baring her teeth as her nose begins to run in the cold. Now feeling used, Iris begins to walk towards the water, the meeting place, no words needed for Bakugo's mother to begin following her. Iris walked as if she couldn't lose anything, having no idea what she was walking into. Who she was walking towards. She felt guilty too, overwhelmingly enough for the boy she was about to abandon. She doesn't cry, but instead tries to act like her father in that situation. Loud and unpleasant, but she'd try her best.

By now Hizashi would be walking home, not even tipsy from his beer drinking night. It was nice, having that in his system though. He liked the taste, he liked the cold, he liked the open door he was met with. Wait, he squints, entering without risk. The light was on, there was a chair knocked over, and when he called her name she did not answer. A simple answer, he slams the door shut and looks at the sky, seeing the remains of what seemed to be smoke and blood down the street. He wrinkles his nose, of course it was blood. As if anybody would spray ketchup in the street. It was near midnight, and his daughter still wasn't home. Perhaps she'd been consumed by sexual desires, or maybe she was kidnapped, or maybe she was dead. That blood looked nothing like hers, but he'd never seen her bleed before. It was peculiar, he almost didn't care.

He remembers putting a bandaid on her nose when she was a kid, she'd fallen off the roof, and only god knows how she got up there. She'd broken her nose, but she did not bleed. Only then, did he realize that someone had broken into his home. Perhaps she'd be taken somewhere, but the ringing from his phone said otherwise.

"Iris-"

"Nope, Mitsuki Bakugo. Your wife or girlfriend or whatever she calls herself has my son, and wants your daughter- stop! You wouldn't call him so I did! Either you get your act together and come help out as a hero, or I'll have to hand her over. They look so much alike, I would have if she didn't have my son." And the line went dead. Mitsuki had left out the location, but by the sounds of splashing, he knew where to go. He began to run, and that running began to soften his clammy hands, now turned into fists as his quirk burns in his throat. This'd be easy, this'd be easy for him. As a hero, this'd be easy. But the only problem was, he knew her quirk. That woman's quirk, and Iris did not wear her glasses that evening. Her rebellion phase had peaked, those glasses could save her life one day.