31

Her eyes remained open throughout the day, and no words were shared when they approached the restaurant in mind. He was directed to one table, and Iris was looking everywhere, blinking whenever she absolutely had too, as if she were missing out when her eyes were closed. He couldn't understand just how wary she was now. She acted far off, lost in her own world until she was stuck in a trance, staring into the farthest man that sat alone. She sits down, eyes still on the man as if he were watching her as well.

"Stop that."

"He's got a gun."

Aizawa looks over, eyes squinted as the man finally looks over at them. She tilts her head, and he looks all of a sudden very confused, head darting around as Aizawa looks between that. He kicks her foot, and Aizawa orders their drinks.

"Don't acknowledge that. We aren't heroes right now."

"He isn't carrying an ID, he looks unsettling, and his hand is gripping it right now. If he shoots this place up, there is only us here to save everyone. With all fourteen staff and twenty nine, no, thirty four customers, who else is going to help?"

"People own guns, Iris. It's-"

Aizawa watches her eyes widen, and she abruptly stands up, averting her darkened pupils towards the man who was now standing. She was correct, and Aizawa had been too late. He could only pull her back down as a bullet ran her way.

"I told you!" She growls, picking up the nearest handle of a fork. He goes wide eyed as she throws it strategically at the man who was sitting fifteen tables away. It was a large establishment, and from the looks of it, Aizawa noted just how far her eyesight was. For now, he'd stick with about twenty feet. He was wrong, later he'd realize that she could see as far as a mile.He lets her go, and he watches as she protects the civilians around her. Nobody knew who the Pro-Hero Eraser Head was, but watching this kid save their lives from a fully grown man, they were surprised. Aizawa watches the man get hit in the face, and fumbles with the gun. Iris, prancing towards the man as if it were a joke, picks up the nearest tablecloth, bunches it up in her hands, and puts it in front of her face. As if on cue, the man fired. Aizawa breathes in a sharp intake of air, and he hears a gun fire. But she doesn't stop moving, the table cloth falling along with the bullet that he'd tried to shoot. It didn't fall to the floor, but as she jumps up and over him, she drops it perfectly over his face so that it destroyed all hopes of him seeing.

Aizawa began to realize that Endeavor really wasn't the best option for her work study. In fact, it could've possibly been the worst decision. Now thinking of the bullshit Enji could've put her through, he grinds his teeth as his daughter begins to spar with the man, playing with him. Hero's don't mess with their villain counterparts. In fact, that was a villain's tool, trickery.

"Iris!" She sighs, and Aizawa uses his scarf to tie him up, Iris kicking the gun up and into her hands. She places it on the table next to her, and multiple people begin to clap. He watches her stumble, looking around shocked. This was new to her. Nobody was afraid. Iris was a hero here. He was proud. The police were soon called, and Iris proved to Aizawa that she still had hope. She didn't have any fear. She was good.

Back to Bakugo, who was having a hard time searching for her birthday. With the festival going on, he had no idea why he hadn't asked before. He knew a lot about her, but so little about what she actually wanted or needed for herself. He went to Kirishima first, and even he didn't know the answer. So he went to Aizawa, who had taken Iris home and left her there.

Everything is wrong. Iris was wrong. Aizawa was wrong. When he had knocked on the door, he felt the same unnerving feeling as the door opened. Her eyes were closed, her lips upturned in a smile, and her hair dangling down her shoulders. She looked just like the woman she murdered. He almost wanted to leave, the very thought of asking her for her birthday flying out of his head.

"Ah! Bakugo! Come inside! I saved a bunch of civilians from a man with a gun!" Oh dear, she sounded like her too. It was... wrong. It felt wrong. But he trusted her, he swore to himself that he would. So he did, stepping inside and looking at her burst towards the living room tv. There, on the screen, was Aizawa with a few police officers, carrying her name around as if she was a bystander in trouble. But no, the weirdest thing was that everything in the apartment was wrecked. AS if everything was taken apart. He was amazed, finding that she had preserved a spot specifically for her to sit down. And it seemed that everything was facing her, as if it were all a giant puzzle. Something was wrong, as if she was trying to see past things she couldn't.

"What the hell? What'd you do to the place?"

"Oh! I had a melt down after Aizawa dropped me off. He said I shouldn't use my quirk as much, especially around people because apparently I disturbd everybody's day but actually I saved them all! I did not affect any of their visions! It was really cool, no matter how angry I felt there with him, I didn't affect anybody else! It was so cool, you should've been there! Oh! And I learned something from Endeavor. If you bunch up a lot of fabric into a like, a pillow, it can stop a bullet!"

Bakugo stood there, eyebrows furrowed as she went on and on, just like that Damn Deku. He watches her flip the tv off, opening her eyes to scan the area.

"What's that?" She is on her feet in a matter of seconds, stepping over the giant circular puzzle to see what he was hiding. It was his phone, notes open in case she decided to answer the question he'd totally forgotten.

"Nothing, a science project. What the hell are you going on about? Where is Mister Aizawa?"

"He's out there being a hero. He said I-"

"I heard you the first time. Clean this shit up, I want to ask you a few questions."

She stops, and she tosses a book at him, clenching her fists. Perhaps his words weren't the best.

"No, thanks. Go away."

He presses the power button to his phone, and her eyes widen just a little more. What was she seeing? Of course she was blind with her eyes open, but she seemed to still be seeing. Why?

"R-right. Yeah. I'll go."

"Punch yourself on the way out. The way you acted in that locker room was uncalled for."

"Y-You're uncalled for!"

"I know. Leave."

He slammed the door shut, and he heard multiple crashes inside. He doesn't worry, he knew she paused her breakdown for him. He had a good idea why. Of course, he didn't want to embarrass herself in front of him. Of course. She didn't want to seem as though she'd already lost herself. She was a broken girl, nothing could've prepared her for the unnerving fact that she was born to be better than everyone else, so much better that she'd been better than Allmight, Tomura Shigaraki, and Endeavor combined.