9

The next day during class, Todoroki decided to take a seat next to her during lunch. Mina did too, even Bakugo noticed her far off eyes. And Kirishima, of course he'd follow his best bud anywhere, Todoroki had to figure out how to manage sitting next to a very exhilarating woman and two exploding boys. He only sat with her because of his father, he wanted to know everything they'd said when her father had almost cut them in half. But he decided against it, he was almost afraid Iris would explode in his face about the situation. He left it be, the edging in movements even now, was worrying to all of them.

"Alright, open up idiot. What happened out there?" Bakugo grabbed a quick lunch that day, Kirishima not hungry after hearing a rumor of Todoroki's number 2 hero dad at a crime scene. It didn't really matter to him, but what did matter was his friends' emotions. Mina on the other hand, she ventured off from the other girls, experiencing good companionship with someone who needed it.

"Stay out of it." Todoroki breathed out, and Mina looked at him, unaware of how serious the situation really was. She watched Bakugo begin to heat up, and Kirishima tried his best to calm him down. The Rock quirked boy had never seen Todoroki this careful about anyone in his entire enrollment, so it was very peculiar to him why he sat so close to Iris.

"Stay out of it, my ass! Visually impaired woman, why aren't you-..." His red eyes dart to her clamped eyes, and he wonders, where was she seeing? Where were her eyes? Did she look at him? At Todoroki? At everyone else? He squints, and snarls.

"It was your dad wasn't it? Is that right? What'd he do this time, what'd he do Icy Hot?" There were no boundaries at this table, despite Mina doing her best to not lash out and slap Bakugo for not letting her speak and defend herself.

"That is not for me to tell. And I'm quite sure it is none of your business."

"He's right, man, telling others secrets isn't very manly..."

"Both of you are idiots! Looks at her! Somethings wrong and it's his fault, I fucking know it!" Bakugo slams his fist down onto the table, and Mina explodes.

"Ok, dipshit. Really look at her! She obviously went through something terrible, she probably hasn't even processed it fully yet and you're accusing her dad?"

It was quiet, Todoroki gave her a subtle nod. She leans back, memories of her own father growing up hitting her clear across the face. Everybody's parents were different, she was just lucky enough to have a happy married couple raising her. It had clicked in Kirishima's thick skull that little things can become habits, and quickly become recurring trauma. He hardens his fist, and he takes her hand in his. Iris doesn't look shocked, but she was so nervous that her nails were drawing blood from digging so deep into her palms.

"I'm so sorry, Iris. That's horrible, please know that- Bakugo wait!" Tapping back into that anger, feeling it radiating off of him as he began to walk off, she digs into his mind, finding the source of his rage then and there, making him see it himself. It wasn't because she was a telepath, it was because of her quirk's mutation. He stopped midstep, and his hands began to set off mini sparkler size bombs. This feeling, utter rage that he knew it was hers, it stopped him. It stopped him because he saw what had happened through her point of view. He saw her, he saw Todoroki, and he saw her father. And he was angry for her. That vision leaves his mind, and he looks back, making direct eye contact with Iris as she opens her eyes, sadness seeping from her eyelids. Todoroki looks between them, so does Kirishima and Mina, and Bakugo sits back down, sliding his lunch towards the blind woman.

"Eat, I know for a damn fact that you haven't yet." A signal, they'd talk later. Kirishima gasps aloud, staring straight at the woman.

"You mean you haven't eaten all day?! How is that even possible?" Mina jabs him in the gut before Bakugo can, shushing him before they all examine her lips surrounding the plastic fork carrying a small spaghetti noodle. Before she swallows, Bakugo squints, before blasting Mineta away from under the table.