13

There was smoke everywhere, another horrible output to such a flashy quirk. When the police had arrived, Mitsuki had to force her son to sit inside an ambulance, no matter how badly he wanted to check up on his friend. After the police had taken hold of everyone, Iris had to be forced out of Hizashi's hands. Even if he scratched her, she would not be taken. He even used his quirk once or twice, being sure to cover her ears. Soon, his best friend had to be called, but of course even that was worse. With Charlie out and about in the city, Hizashi wouldn't let anybody have her, not even his best friend. She was too weak to fight back against anyone, anything, in fact she couldn't even move right now. Hizashi didn't believe she was dead, he still had that image of her future. Raining destruction somewhere, just feeling the proud feeling flowing throughout him, he was imagining her now, hugging him back. But he wasn't correct. He wasn't paying attention to her lack of breaths, her lack of movement, her lack of heartbeat. Bakugo had himself thinking he had let that woman, Charlie, go on purpose. Maybe it was because she was sobbing, not even trying to fight his hold on her. Perhaps he sympathizes with her. Never again, now knowing the mistake he'd made.

"Hizashi, let her go." Shota mumbles, he had yet to see the body. The blonde hadn't been checked for a pulse, and that could be anyone's fault.

"No! Fuck off! Don't take her away! She still has to commit! She has to commit!" He growls, his quirk not working because of a friend. He blinked once, Hizashi too busy fighting himself to notice. But when Present Mic turned around, Aizawa almost hacked up his dinner. Seeing her limp body, seeing her hair strewn across him, seeing her ears- her eyes- oh god her eyes- He didn't know what his best friend had meant when he said she had to commit. The first thing that came to mind was suicide, but that didn't make sense. He then thought of murder, and he was afraid.

"Oh god... Let her go now, bub. For the sake of her health, hand her over. Please, I'll give her back I promise." Now he was the one to panic, for she did not look like she was moving at all. Of course, seeing him be this worried, this protective, it was a good sign. But the fear was still there, he had no idea what Hizashi was thinking, holding onto a dead body with the thought of their heart still beating, lungs still breathing.

"Please... don't take her away from me..." He sobs, and Aizawa closes in, forcing them apart as the crippled man is apprehended by the police. He doesn't say a word, and Aizawa holds the limp girl in his arms, falling backwards and keeping her face warm in his chest. Bakugo watches them, as paramedics try to take her away. Why did everyone want to separate her from everyone? Why did everyone want her alone so badly? Aizawa made very sure that no one took her away, gently holding her face in front of his in a timely manner. Her eyes were still open, probably dry and unforgiving by now. Shota's hands shake horribly, his chest compulsing and he could only stare her in the eyes, moving her long braid and caressing her face. Aizawa, checking for a pulse, sets some of his eye drops above her face. He drips a few into her orbs, and Bakugo shudders, Aizawa's fingers forcing her to blink. He saw his sensei begin to cry, moving her limp body to the side and laying her flat on the grass. Mitsuki held her boy, almost crying herself as Aizawa made sure Iris's lungs didn't burst from the air pressure. She had to be freezing, having swam in the coldest winter waters to have saved Mitsuki. She was freezing, he felt her skin, colder than it should've been.

Watching him begin to panic, his teacher's usual cold demeanor even in horrible situations such as the USJ, Bakugo bares his teeth, looking away when Aizawa cries out the same words as that woman.

"No! Shit! Come on! Don't do this!" He growls, pounding his fists into her chest, forcing air into her lungs. There wasn't anything to do here, not for her. But with one last hit, she blocked him, her chest breathing so harshly that Aizawa had to pin her down in order to lengthen her breaths. Bakugo's shoulders suddenly let up, as if he was carrying the weight of her supposed death on his shoulders. He collapses against his mother, who is now happily crying now that the girl has recovered. Aizawa held her close, hugging her so close, whispering sweet nothing into her ear as he protected his student from all the world.