One Shot: Happy Birthday to You

BTS's Dorm
Dec 29, 2020
11.52 pm

Taehyung was asleep in his room after a long day. The last few days' schedules have been extremely demanding, and they are exhausted. Every member is exhausted from practices, year-end shows, New Year's Eve events, and other activities.
The only event left for the year is Bighit's New Year's Eve. Every group on the Bighit label is working hard for this because it is Bighit's first New Year's event.

Taehyung returned tired from their practices and quickly refreshed himself.
He fell asleep as soon as he hit the bed. He is now sleeping peacefully, unconcerned about the outside world.

Someone entered the room with a box in their hands. The person moved forward and placed the box on the bedside table before turning the table lamb. It was Jeongyeon.

She smiled at his sleeping face and checked her phone to see the time. 
It is 11.58.

Opening the box, she took the cake she had made and stuck the candle inside before lighting it. Jeongyeon shook him vigorously when it was thirty seconds remaining to twelve.

Taehyung opened his eyes slightly, sensing that someone had shaken him. He could not see the person sitting next to him because he was disoriented and the lighting was dim.

"Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to my love Taehyungie Happy Birthday to You," Jeongyeon sang quietly, clapping slightly at the end. 

Taehyung's senses sharpened as he heard a feminine voice in his room and opened his eyes wide. He could not believe Jeongyeon was in front of him.

He sprang up to sit and urgently kissed her lips, hoping it was not a dream fragment. Taehyung exhaled deeply as she returned the kiss. Jeongyeon is in front of him, in his room, singing a birthday song and kissing him. He removed his lips from hers and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you," Taehyung said, his arms tightening around her.

The past few months have been hell for both of them. Jeongyeon unexpectedly went on hiatus due to her mental health, which surprised everyone, including Taehyung. When he was down, Jeongyeon was always there for him; however, when the same happened to Jeongyeon, he was unable to do anything because his work always tied him up.

When Taehyung attempted to avoid some of his works, Yoongi took a break due to an injury. He could no longer avoid his work.

Though Jeongyeon was going through a difficult time, she never forgot to call him and remind him not to worry about her.

He called her every day, met with her twice a week, and even surprised her with a birthday party on November 1st. 
However, the past two weeks have been extremely hectic for him. He did not meet her despite having called. He felt empty attending award shows because both Jeongyeon and Yoongi were not present. He smiled and hyped only because he knew both were watching them via online sites.

Now that he has seen Jeongyeon after two weeks, he is speechless with joy.

"How did you get here?" Taehyung asked, suddenly coming to his senses.
During her hiatus, she never goes out without someone, and Jeongyeon's presence here alone made him concerned about her safety.

"Unnie dropped me off here, Jimin and Jungkook escorted me to the dorm, Jin oppa let me in, and Namjoon and Hobi oppa wished me luck before directing me here," Jeongyeon explained.

"Everybody planned this"? Taehyung inquired, clearly surprised.

"I suggested it, and everyone was happy to help me, including Nayeon unnie, Momo, Jihyo, Sana, and Tzuyu, who will arrive soon," Jeongyeon chuckled.