Chapter 26: The Training Arc

a/n: I'M SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE FOR SOME TIME- i was struggling with some mental health issues and school recently start and so i had to deal with those but NO WORRIES BABY I'M BACK AND HERE TO STAY AND FEED YOU SIMPS-

y/n's pov

"Hashira training huh..." I thought aloud with Muichiro beside me. 

"Yup" he cutely replied, biting into his bun. I sighed a little.

"Man no time to rest in the world of demon slayers am I right?" I cheekily remarked, laying back to face the sky. "Yup, a busy, robust life out here." 

Suddenly a random question popped into my mind "Do you ever get sick of this, ever just wanna run away, lead a normal life, just you and me?" I accidentally thought out-loud. He opens one of his eyes in curiosity. "Well, to be completely honest, yeah, I have but I owe what I do to Ubuyashiki-sama." 

I chuckled softly. "Of course, I can only wish of such things, of course, family legacy and all that jazz." I joke. I look up at the sky and it's pure white clouds. 'It's a nice thought though, peace and quiet."

~ Time skip brought to you by milk ~

The next day, hashira training. Us hashira went to our respective stations. My station was right at the top of the mountain nearby. It was a relatively simple task, yet oh so brutal. Corps members are to reach the top of the mountain my station is on. Well, if they can stay conscious at the top. The air is thinner than silk cobwebs.

I'll be training them to control their breathing and stamina, making sure that they are able to keep both in sync with each other.

The upper moons have started to show their faces, the fiasco at the village must've confirmed it, I suppose. Kibutsuji has returned.

I must not let my guard down, I must be as strict as I can. If I want to ensure the survival of these corps members, I cannot be complacent.

I'll skim the specifics. First day, no one could climb the mountain. it's expectedly so. Second day, Tanjiro and Inosuke made it up, I managed to train with them for the entire day before letting them through to Muichiro's Station.

Third day, more members started flowing up continuously, I felt a little proud inside. Like a parent seeing their children succeed in life.

Fourth day, the remaining members finally reached the top.

'Man, it must've been tiring for them. Sure was for me and all I've been doing is eating steamed buns. I should pay Mui a visit!' I thought and immediately scrambled to his station.