Chapter 18: Lay Low

Y/n' PoV:

Muichiro and I ran all over the roofs looking for Uzui. "Do you think it'll be okay to leave without paying my debts?" Muichiro asked, running beside me. "They'll probably think you lost your footing. Why does it matter anyway! Life is for the living~" I giggled.

It felt as if I was free and rebellious, as the wind blew through my hair. I didn't know this was how good it felt though... I looked at Mui. He had a small smile on his usually expressionless face. I took his hand and ran. 

Eventually, our moment of liberation stopped and we saw Uzui. I punched his back, giving him a shock. "That was for cutting my hair." He looked at me, clearly pissed.

I looked at Mui. Realising he was still in a dress and his hair was still tied. I went over to him, untying his hair and grooming it. "Mui, is it okay if you stay in that kimono? We don't have anything for you to wear." He nodded and pulled me into a tight squeeze. "I missed you so much..." He whispered. "Me too..." I answered.

"Youthful Love! How flamboyant!" Uzui clasps his hand together and gave a proud but obviously mocking smile. "SHUT UP OLD MAN!" "WHO ARE YOU CALLING AN OLD MAN, YOU UNDERAGED RASCAL!!!" 

Uzui and I bickered as we would usually do on a daily basis. When this happened Muichiro or anyone else with us watched from the sidelines. Finally, the bickering died down and we focused on the mission. We discussed where the boys were and how the mission will go.

The boys will meet us on this roof at midnight exactly. Now it was about just thirty minutes to Midnight. Just thirty minutes... 

Uzui was on watch while Muichiro and I just chilled.

"Y/n. Let's get something to eat."  Muichiro suggested. I thought about it for a second and eventually voiced my thoughts. "Muichiro... You're still in a dress and people might suspect my age. But if food is what you want, I can go fetch some." Muichiro gave me a face of regret. "M-mui? What's wrong? Was it something I said?" I stuttered in panic and guilt. 

"There's nothing wrong. It's just normally the man does things for the lady. Not the other way round. And I don't want to make you do anything you don't need to." I scooted next to him and nuzzled next to him. 

"Well, the roles are reversed here, aren't they?" I giggled as his face morphed in confusion. I gave a smirk and pushed him, causing him to fall back. I was now on top of him, pinning his wrist to the side. I cooed. "I'll do anything for a pretty lady like you~" 

His face exploded, steam coming out from his ears. "Pfft, haha! So cute..." He averted his gaze and muttered. "Y/n...Don't tease me like that..." So this is the view he sees when he pins me down, huh... "Don't worry you look just as beautiful under me..." His eyes widened and his face was almost as red as Tanjiro's hair. I got off of him, snickering endlessly. 

"Hey, love birds!" We heard Uzui aka the old man call out. Muichiro and I simultaneously turn our heads, revealing Inosuke and Tanjiro had finally arrived, still in their disguises. Inosuke being as pissy as always and Tanjiro had a worried expression. One question had popped in my head. I frowned, expecting bad news. 

"Where's... Where's Zenitsu?" I asked. He couldn't be...

"Zenitsu isn't dead. Don't worry." I sighed relief. "But he's not coming," Uzui explained that Zenitsu's whereabouts were currently unknown. "I'm sorry. I think I put all of you in danger. It's all because of my selfish desire to save my wives-" Before Uzui could say another word, I obstructed his little speech.

"Don't you dare ever say that." I started "In no way can a desire like that be considered selfish. You should know that very well. Don't you, Mr God of Festivities?" I smiled slyly at Uzui who gave me a sigh and smile.

"Guess you are right. Well, it doesn't make the difference that I put the boys in danger." He turned his attention to Tanjiro and Inosuke. "You two. Pack your things tonight and immediately leave at the break of dawn." Uzui demanded. 

The boys left to do as they were told. Uzui, Muichiro and I decided that it was best to stay awake. Especially since the demon could be anywhere. We also entirely forgot about food...

Muichiro and Uzui were busy discussing the mission. I stood up and wandered for a bit out of boredom. The scenery of the district was undeniably beautiful but I couldn't disagree more with the men here. I can feel their hunger for lust, even from up here. It disgusts me to the core.

Suddenly, I felt something in my gut. A demon was nearby... It felt more powerful than anything I've encountered before... Even more powerful than an Upper Moon. Could it be? N-no... I must be mistaken... Or am I?

Is this demon... Muzan Kibutsuji? I looked around following where the feeling was leading me. I was in pure panic. Even if I find him, there was little to no chance I was going to survive. Just as there is a super low chance of me slashing his neck. I ended up at a window of an abandoned building. It's now or never. I slammed the window open. 

There was nothing... No, I couldn't have been imagining things. Could I? I sighed in relief and confusion. My gut feeling has never been wrong and my future vision is foggy right now. I quickly retreated back to where Muichiro and Uzui was.

I turned a corner to see Muichiro looking around frantically looking for something. He caught sight of me and sighed, pulling me into a hug. "Y/n don't scare me like that. I thought you disappeared for a second..." He hogged onto me. I chuckled and patted his head. Slowly stroking his hair.

"Don't worry... I'll never leave you alone again. Okay?" He looked into my eyes and pouted. "Better not." I was about to question the whereabouts of Uzui until I noticed his figure resting against the wall, asleep. That jackass... I irked at the sight of him resting. Shouldn't he be on the lookout?

I went over to him and kicked the wall next to him, resulting in a dent on the wall and a loud bang sound, giving the older man a shock that woke him up. He looked up into my angered eyes and sweat-dropped at the sight. I gave him a tight slap and started scolding him about how he should be on the lookout. He apologized and everything went to normal.

This cycle of bickering and eventual calmness went on for the whole night. "Y/n. Go to sleep." Muichiro demanded. "Eh?" I replied, confused. "You've done most of the work. Uzui and I can take the rest. Besides, for girls your age, you need sleep to function..."

Muichiro always said that but he was only a year older than me. "Fine, I'll go to sleep then..." I curled onto his lap and slowly closed my eyes.

"Have sweet dreams, love..."

A/n: yo yo wassup imma inform you more about Y/n's family's future vision.

Since Y/n is way down the line in her family tree, her future vision is not as strong as her ancestors'. But that does not hinder its authenticity. It just makes it so after she used it a few times her future vision will get foggy and she won't be able to use it for a week. She plays it safely using her future vision once a week.

That's all we got for A/n time-