Chapter 21: Hair and Hugs

Y/n's PoV:

It's been two weeks since our fight with the demon moon siblings. Today, once again, is an off-day. I want to visit Mitsuri to find something to do with my hair. It's all short and shit because of the old man.

Stupid Sound Hashira... Cutting my hair... I won't deny that it suits me but it took me years to grow that shit out. I can never forgive that man-! He even retired! That old harlot of a man...

Muichiro was all ready to go, basically just waiting for me to get my shit together and scoot with him to Mitsuri's estate. I rushed outside and gave Muichiro a hug from behind. He jumped from the sudden warmth but once realizing it to be me, he softened up.

"You ready to go now?" He asked as he patted my head. I nodded and took his hand all the way to Mitsuri's home.

*Time Skip brought to you by Sleepy Author-san*

"Mitsuri-san!" I called out as I knocked my knuckles on the cold, wooden door of Mitsuri's home. Soon, Mitsuri appeared.

"Ah! Y/n, Muichiro, come in."

We got settled in the living room and informed Mitsuri about why we were there.

"I see... So you want something to do with your hair?" I nodded rapidly. Mitsuri gave out a giggle and smiled. "I can help!" and that was the start of chaos.

She started putting my hair in random styles. Some I thought were absolutely ridiculous and some I thought were too feminine.

Mitsuri went to leave for a moment. She said she had a hair accessory that would fit me perfectly. It was now just me and Muichiro in the room. I sighed and gave a small smile to my long-haired love.

He slowly crawled towards me on the tatami floor. He hugged and held my waist from behind. So warm... I pulled his hands tighter around my waist.

We stayed like that for a moment but he suddenly pulled away. I felt his calloused hand run through my hair. "Y/n, Close your eyes and stay still for a moment." He whispered in my ear. I suddenly felt a hit of heat and my cheeks but abided and shut my eyes. The feel of his hot breath on my ear startled me a little I guess.

I felt him my his hands through my hair, strand by strand. "You can open your eyes now." He quietly allowed. I slowly lifted open my eyelids to see what Muichiro had done with my hair. Some of the hair on the top and back had been tied into a bun with the sides still sticking out.

"Mui... I didn't know you knew how to style hair!" I laughed out loud. I ran up to him and pulled him into a sudden but warm embrace, tackling him onto the soft, tatami floor. "Do you like it?" He asks quietly. "I love it..." I muttered as I nuzzled into his chest.

"I'm back! I got the-" Mitsuri busted through the door but stopped after seeing the sight she was presented with. She blushed and squealed, clapping her hands together in joy. "I ship it!!!!!!!" She screeched. I got off of Muichiro after realizing what we were doing. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

Mitsuri and I all laughed it off then she noticed my hair. "Woah... This is a nice style. Did you do this yourself, Y/n?" She asked, curiously. "Me? Impossible. It was Muichiro." Mitsuri's eyes lit up and turned to him. "Muichiro! I didn't know you were a hairstylist!" Mitsuri joked. I giggled as Muichiro stayed silent.

"But anyway, I want to give this as a gift to you." Muichiro pulled out a small, wisteria hairpin from her pocket. She placed it into the back of my hair and looked at me. "Perfect!" She clapped. I looked at it in the mirror. "What do you think it could symbolize?" I ask her curiously.

She pondered for a second. "You could put it as a symbol for your desire to purge demons. Like there's wisteria running through your veins." Wisteria running through my veins, huh... I flashed a small smile. "Thank you Mitsuri. I really like it." I thanked quietly.

"Don't sweat it!" She exclaimed happily.

Moments of chitter-chatter passed and eventually, evening came by. "Ah! Look at the time. We should get going now. Today was fun Mitsuri. Thank you for the pin!" We said our casual goodbyes and we left.

I seized and clutched Muichiro's hand. He turned to my direction after realizing the sign. "Muichiro. Can you promise me something?" I asked him. Something has been bothering me for a while now. I can't deny it. He hummed in response, signalling that it was okay.

"Please don't leave my side. I know you're strong and damn, one of the strongest hashira, I still don't wanna lose you that easily." I felt tears well up in the corners of my eyes. I was struggling to hold it all in but I just couldn't. I let it all out and collapsed into his chest.

He could easily hear my sobbing and rubbed my back. He took a whiff of my hair. "Please... Don't... Leave..." Those were the only words I could make out. "Y/n. I promise. I won't leave you. Not in a million years." He asserted firmly but kindly.

He gently pulled me off of his chest and wiped my tears with his sleeve. His eyes slowly wandered down my body and finally to my wrist. He pulled my wrist up and examined the healed scars of my cuts. "Good they're finally healing." He nuzzled his cheek into my wrist and kissed it.

A wave of embarrassment went through my cheeks and I pulled my wrist back. Muichiro smirked as he examined my expression. He pinched my chin and made me face him. He got even closer. "Cute..." He had a small smirk.

He finally closed the gap and gave me a peck on the lips. My face was probably as red as Tanjiro's hair by now but I also felt so tired. I suddenly dropped into Muichiro's arms.

---

Y e e t