Chapter 24 - oh.

Y/n's PoV:

Skipping a few hours later. Tanjiro, Kotetsu and I sat by the sidelines as Muichiro danced his swords with the training doll.

Personally, the sight was nothing special but I could hear Tanjiro frothing at the mouth in awe and amazement of Mui's speed.

"H- how is he so fast ???" He questioned, sparkles slowly forming in his eyes. I giggled at the sight. "Tanjiro, there's drool coming out of your mouth- and well, he's a Hashira."

Tanjiro, flustered by the comment, sealed his lips instantly and wiped away the fallen saliva. "Acceptable answer." He jokingly replied.

"Well, to go more in depth with it, I heard that he's a descendant of one of the strongest demon slayers alive, the Sun Breathers." Kotetsu commented.

"Right you are on that good sir!" I validated with a cutesy finger gun and a wink. "The Sun Breathers ...?" I heard the burgundy-haired boy repeat.

"Honestly, not much is known about them. But legend says that they were the strongest, formidable demon slayers aliv-" I was cut off by a deafening gawk of a bird approaching us.

I blinked my eyes towards the source and immediately recognised it to be Muichiro's crow, Ginko.

"Oh hi Ginko! What's up?" I asked the crow as it rested on my thigh. The bird stayed silent as it nuzzled it's head into my haori.

"Um, Y / n. Is that your crow?" Tanjiro asked with a tilt of his head. "Nope! It's Muichiro's. Her name is Ginko. Mine is named Toru but he's not here right now." I happily chirped.

"I see ..." Tanjiro nodded.

I looked up to the sky solemnly. 'The sky is beautiful today, huh ...' I pondered silently to myself.

For the next couple of hours, the boys and I just chatted away to kill time.

"It's been a few hours now ... I better tell Muichiro to stop before he overworks himself." I declare before putting Ginko aside, standing up on my two feet and getting closer to the hurricane of sword slashes and deflecting.

I soon joined the fray, kicking the doll in the off switch that was located exactly where it's upper spine would be and holding Muichiro's wrist before he could attack.

"Time's up honey!" I cheered, feeling him loosen the tension in his body and melt into my touch. "Okay okay, I'm done." He sarcastically sighed. I let go of him and retreated to the side.

"Oh yeah, Ginko came to visit!" I informed him, picking up the sleeping bird and handing her over to her owner.

"Welp, since Muichiro's done, we'll be taking our leave okay? Bye boys!" I have a small wave that was soon returned by Tanjiro.

"Where shall we go now?" Muichiro asks me, catching up to my side. "Should we get some food?" I asked cause honestly I was kinda hungry.

~ time skip a few hours cause oh mf I am tired I mean how many of y'all decided to make a 100 slide presentation on yaoi? ~

Muichiro and I decided to stay in the swordsmith's village for another day. "Whew ... Today was interesting ..." I sighed, stretching my hands outwards as I laid lazily on the futon me and Muichiro shared. 

"Indeed ..." He replied, sitting next to me. I sat back up, my yukata now drapping loosely over my shoulders. I crawled over to Muichiro and sat beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Your birthday's in a few days right?" He conferred beside me. "Pfft- I didn't think you'd remember." I jokingly commented, giggling softly. "Well, you're gonna be the same age as me until my next birthday." He blurted out calmly.