Chapter 13 - Calm

A/n: This chapter happened a few weeks after the last chapter

Y/n's PoV

Yet again, another day of peace. I wake up in the arms of Muichiro. He was still fast asleep. How adorable ... I should eat something for breakfast. Actually now that I think of it we still have steamed buns. I opened the basket and was instantly hit with by the sweet aroma of steamed buns. (A/n I still haven't got my steamed buns ._.)
I instantly start munching on them. Hey, I should leave some for Mui. I'll write him a note saying the rest is for him if he wants. I finished eating my share of Steamed buns and got ready for the day.

Muichiro's PoV

I woke up. I was expecting y / n to be beside me but instead, I'm alone, laying on the futon. She's probably in the bath. Yesterday's mission was more hectic and chaotic than usual. I sigh, deep in thought. I sat up with my back aching. But something else immediately caught my attention. The smell of steamed buns.

I direct my eyes to the steamed bun basket. There was a piece of parchment on it? I went closer to inspect. It was a note. I picked it up and read out loud quietly. "You can eat the rest of the steamed buns if you like! Besides, you need breakfast and I'm too lazy to make something. -Y/n" I felt a grin creep on to my lips. She's always thinking of me, huh? I took one of the steamed buns and munched on it, finishing it up in a few bites. Delicious. I'll save the others for next time or for Y/n.

I made my way back to the futon but the door opened, revealing Y/n. Fully dressed and oh-so-beautiful. "Mui, you're awake! You can use the shower now." She cheered with a smile. Her smile was now more appealing than ever. Even during the two years we stayed together she always had that half-hearted, fake smile but after that little game we played together she actually looked happy.

I stood up and made my way to her with a smirk. I placed a hand on her cheek and gave her a peck on the forehead. Her face turned into an explosion crimson. I giggled and patted her head, "So cute ... Wanna have another one?" I asked slyly. I didn't think it was possible but her face got even redder. "M-mui ... Just get in the bath!" She stomped away defensively. She's always been like that even before we were dating. Cute ... I made my way to the bathroom.

Y/n PoV

What the hell? Did he just give me a kiss?!? He's never done that before ... That really caught me off guard. Even though we're dating, we're still young so we promised to keep physical touch limited until we were older. Of course, we still sleep, hug and cuddle together but never once had we kissed. Ugh, keep it together y / n! What was I even supposed to do today? Ah right ... No missions today. Maybe we should visit Kanroji-san. But she has a mission ... Shinazugawa, Obanai and Himejima-san were busy. Giyuu and Uzui are busy as well ... Ah! Shinobu-san is free today. We should catch up with her today. We haven't gotten the time to talk recently.

I sat idly in the garden, waiting for Muichiro. I had to admit, I was getting sleepy. Yesterday me and Muichiro had a long and tiring mission all night. If it wasn't for the sunlight, we wouldn't have succeeded in the mission. I shook my thoughts off. At least no one was hurt or dead, right? Not again... I must look insane grinning to myself like this and whe- "Hi, Y/n..." The tired boy groaned as he hugged me from behind, resting his head on my shoulders. I ruffled his hair as I replied steadily.  "Hi, Mui... Let's go help Shinobu-san today! I wonder what she's up to..." I look into his blue, icy orbs, waiting for an answer. He sighed and nodded. I'll take it as a yes.

The butterfly estate wasn't far from home so we walked there as if it was a stroll in the park. I held tightly onto Muichiro's hand, so warm and cosy... especially in the cold season we were in. "Hey Mui. I've got an idea." I let go of his hand and went in front of him. I then turned to where he was facing, snuggled up in his chest and took his arms so they were hugging me. "Are you cold?" He asks, oblivious as usual. "Yep!" We walked to the butterfly estate like that the whole way. 

We finally arrived at the estate. We walked inside and I sighed from the soothing warmth that the estate's rooms had. I left Muichiro's arms. I went straight to the estate's garden with Muichiro tagging behind me as I pulled him along. I took a turn and was greeted by the beautiful scene of flowers and greenery. And Shinobu-san with her butterflies. 

"Shinobu-san!" I greeted as I went up to her, waving my hands up with enthusiasm. "Ah! Y / n! I haven't seen you wince the hashira meeting. Do you need anything?" She asked me with her sweet, kind voice. "We were wondering whether or not you needed our help with anything. Since we're free today." I explained. "We? Oh! Muichiro-kun. I didn't even realize you were here! And yeah I guess we could use some help. The girls are in the dojo doing rehabilitation training with the boys. It'd be perfect if you could help them since you both have got some of the fastest reflexes I've seen yet! " 

The boys...? I wonder who the boys she's talking about are I guess I'll find out. "Alright, we can do that! Right, Mui?" I turn to the oddly silent boy accompanying me. He gives a quick nod and Shinobu gave a simple thumbs up. And just like that, we were headed to the straight to the dojo. I slide open the door to reveal the madness and chaos. I thought I was gonna be greeted with new people when Shinobu said 'the boys' but I immediately recognised Tanjiro. 

"Aoi-chan!" I called out. "Y/n-chan? What're you doing here she came up to me and immediately noticed the boy behind me. "We came to help you all out since it's our off-day," I explained once again. "Wow, I didn't know the child pair Hashiras got off-days." She joked. "Well you two have good reflexes so maybe you can help with the teacups section and the tag." 

She assigned us the sections we were to take like shifts, giving Kanao and Aoi a break. I was stationed at the teacups while Muichiro did the tag section. We both were all too familiar with this since we had gone through it ourselves before so it was no problem. First I was up against the boy with a boar mask on. He was quite fast I must say, but not fast enough. Next up was the blonde boy at first he was fawning over me until I told him "Hey my boyfriend's right behind you." Which freaked him out, to say the least. Of course, I won once again.

Next up was Tanjiro. I expected him to fail the very second we started but he put up quite a challenge. This cycle of the boys trying to beat us continued for the next hour or so until the boys had their break. "Wow, Y/n-san! You have amazing speed and great reflexes. No wonder you're a Hashira" Tanjiro complimented me as he snacked on his mochi along with his pals. "Tanjiro, you have to say san you know? I'm way younger than the three of you. 13!" I elaborated. Tanjiro and the other boys seemed to have their jaws on the floor and their eyes in a deadlock. 

"HOW ARE YOU 3 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME AND ALREADY DATING SOMEONE?!?!?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?!?" The blonde boy exclaimed in shock, resulting in me emitting a giggle. "You're 13... That means I can become a Hashira! HAHA-!" The boy in the boar head claimed proudly. "That's really cool, Y/n! When did you become a Hashira? Also what Hashira are you?" Tanjiro queried. "Well I became one when I was 11 and I'm the Nichirin Hashira. Nichirin Breathing is a Whole different type of breathing only the people in my family know. And super important that we don't let anyone outside of the family know how to use the breathing technique." I explained cheerfully. "Ah, I see..." Our conversation lasted for a few minutes until we started back up again. At the end of the day, even Mui was tired.  And finally, it was night. We said our goodbyes to the boys, the girls and Shinobu-san before heading out.

I walked as if I was a zombie beside Muichiro, who had his usual calmness. "Want me to carry you?" He asks in concern. "You don't ha-" And just like that, he put me on his back. "Thank you, Mui..." He nuzzled up against me lovingly.

"It's no problem."