Chapter Ten : Trial

A/n hope you enjoy this chapter! I worked hard on it. I changed a bit of all the dialogue to input y/n and tbh I don't remember the episode that much so I'm just doin the Hashira meeting. But anyways, it's all good!

Y/n PoV:

I looked down at the corps member. Kamado Tanjiro... The Kakushi stayed by the soldier, trying to wake up the unconscious member. I turned to Muichiro but as per usual, he had his head in the clouds. I guess I should take the initiative to give this boy a welcome.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you feeling dizzy? Are you in pain anywhere?" I ask the Tanjiro. I knelt down and took off the cloth gagging his mouth. I instantly noticed his tilted jaw. "Goodness me, your jaw... Shinobu-san do you have any water?" I ask. Shinobu-san nodded in response and handed me a bottle. "Here drink slowly..." I feed him.

"I'm Y/n L/n. You're here in trial along with Tomioka Giyuu for a felony you've committed. Uh... Do you know what you've committed, Kamado Tanjiro?" I ask him. I put down the bottle. " I... I don't... I'm sorry..." he confesses In a low tone.

" A-ah! I see, well... Kamado Tanjiro. Let me explain. You've protecting a demon. An action like that is considered a felony here in the Demon Slayer Corps. Honestly, I really hope the others don't take drastic measures against you... You seem to be a very nice boy..." His face seemed very sorrowful. " I... I'm sorry if I have committed a felony... I didn't mean to anger anyone... But I have good reasoning...and-" He was interrupted mid-sentence by laughter. Uzui-san's laughter.

"Good reasoning? What kind of non-flamboyant logic is that, boy?" I gave out a slight tsk of annoyance. He was about to continue when I cut him off. "Uzui-san I respect that you have your own opinions, but could you not interrupt him?" I turned to Uzui with that annoyed smile. He always hated when I gave him that smile. "Tanjiro, please tell me your reasoning."

"I... My family was attacked by Muzan Kibutsuji. A-and he turned my little sister Nezuko into a demon. She's been living as a demon for about 2 years now and she hasn't eaten a single human! Believe me!" The boy cried out. I felt pity and remorse for him. "My boy, even if you say that, there's no way we could prove that she hasn't eaten or killed a human." Rengoku-san expressively stated. I didn't know anyway to defend Tanjiro. I was always the word of reason among the Hashiras but in this situation I don't think I can convince Uzui-san or Rengoku-san... Not to mention, Himejima-san, Obanai-san, Tomioka-san and Muichiro hasn't said a word. And where the hell is Shinazugawa?!

"Hey, Y/n..." Muichiro started. "How would you describe the shape of that cloud?" Eh? What's he doing? We have an important matter to attend to here... I give out a heavy sigh "Mui..." The Hashiras really are hopeless in multiple ways.

"Uh... B-but please! Nezuko is my sister... She's never hurt a human an-and she never will! Please let her live..." Tanjiro pleaded. That's when we heard a voice from above. Obanai-san... " Stop spouting that reckless nonsense. Since she's your family, of course you'd be on her side. Stop wasting your breathe." I was pissed off once again. The hell is wrong with everybody?

What am I supposed to do? Shinazugawa-san isn't here, and they might attack Tanjiro if I leave... What am I supposed to do?

"Oi, you! Are you the boy carrying around a demon?" That voice... Shinazugawa. I turn my head towards him. He was holding up a wooden box... Wait, no. The demon's in there! I have to stop him before he makes a stupid decision that gets us all in trouble. "Shinazugawa-san please think ra-" "You must be brain dead to think you could protect a demon! all demons deserve to die!" Shinazugawa-san cried out before whipping out his sword and driving it into the box. The blood in me started boiling with pure rage.

"Nezuko-" "Shinazugawa!!!" I yelled out in anger, interrupting Tanjiro. I ran up to Shinazugawa giving him a quick kick to the head. He fell over and I kicked the sword and the box out of his hands. I immediately and quick-wittedly pinned him on his back.

"Shinazugawa, you bastard! Couldn't you give him a second to explain? you uncultured, ratchet, swine of a human being!" I pounded his face into the floor. His eyes had a flash of fear before fainting. His very existence as this moment in time mad me absolutely disgusted. How could anyone be so inconsiderate?! "Y/n-san! Compose yourself! Oyakata-sama will be arriving soon!" Tomioka-san scolded. "does it look like I give a-"

That's when someone held me up from the back of my collar. "Hey! Who-" It was Muichiro. I didn't even notice that he moved from his original spot. "Y/n..." He takes me off of Shinazugawa and places me beside him. Suddenly he pulls me close to him and whispers in my ear. "Y/n, I love you. Please settle down, Oyakata-sama can arrive any minute now." I nodded with a slight blush and he pulled me by my arm back to our places, leaving Shinazugawa unconscious.

"Everyone, Oyakata-sama has arrived."

A/n A little bit more bout Y/n: she is the kindest out of the Hashira but once you get on her nerve, you're dead. And she absolutely hates and is disgusted when someone interrupts her, acts on impulse, or not showing remorse to something. That's why she's kind to lower ranked corps members like Tanjiro. She's also much like a mother to all the Hashira.