Chapter 25 - the II of XIV

A/N: My only excuse for making Y/n pass out is haha I hate writing fight scenes dbhjv THE VARIOUS WORDS MY TINY PEANUT BRAIN HAs TO THINK OF-

Muichiro's PoV:

I dropped the run and hurried straight to Y/n's seemingly lifeless body. "Y/n! Y/n! P-please, be okay!" I immediately felt for her pulse, sighing at the relief that she was still alive. However, the sudden panic of losing the only person I loved dusted away my surroundings. 

"Muichiro-san, look out!" Tanjiro alarmed me but before I could even shield myself, he protected me from the incoming weapon. "Bring her to safety. I got this!" He cried, heading back into the action. For a second, I hesitated. 'Would he be able to handle the demon by himself? it's an upper moon demon. He can't possibly...' My eyes wandered back to Y/n.

'Forget him, Y/n can't die before her birthday!" I immediately yanked her onto my back and ran to the Butterfly Mansion. I estimated it not being too far but once again, I underestimated the village. 'Goddamnit, where the fuck even is this town situated!?' I darted my eyes, looking around the dreary landscape.

Until, a dark figure of a boy appeared, Kotetsu. "You! Help me bring her to the Butterfly estate immediately." I ordered him harshly. "Tsk, Why would I obey the likes of- oh." He immediately dropped his tough finesse after seeing that it was Y/n on my back. He gulped and immediately agreed to carry her. 

"Look boy, I'm trusting you. She better not be hurt the next time I see her." I warned him. "You don't have to tell me twice." He ran off with Y/n in his arms. 'Stay safe. Y/n.' 

~ Time skip cause I'm lazy ~

Y/n's PoV:

I fluttered my eyelashes open suddenly. It feels like forever since I've been properly awake. 'Wait. Where am I?!' As soon as the thought hit, I shot up immediately to see the white blankness of the Butterfly Estate's walls, trying hard to recall what had happened. There's no one else here.

'I- We were at the Swordsmith's village. Me and Muichiro... No, Tanjiro was there too, a boy named Kotetsu... Demon attack... I passed out?' I stuttered mindlessly as the realization struck me. "I left... Muichiro and Tanjiro with an upper demon!" I cried, the tears already clouding my vision. 

'They can't be- No they aren't. They couldn't be. Why did I abandon them like that? I'm supposed to be the strongest hashira! Why...' I brought my knees closer to my chest and wept into it. 

I heard hard, stern knocks on the door and a voice from outside. I immediately recognised it as Aoi's. "Y/n? Y/n, Are you awake? I won't even question- I can hear your weeping through the door." She playfully mocked before letting herself in. I stayed silent, my head still buried in my thighs. 

I could hear her domineering yet soft sigh before she set down the tray she was gripping on. "Come on, you gotta drink your medicine..." She softly pryed my arms opened and wiped my tears with her bare hand. "Muichiro-san and Tanjiro are fine and so is everyone else in the Swordsmith's Village." She shared a reassuring smile.

"Oh, thank god..." I pulled her into my arms. "There, there, you little baby. Now here drink your medicine." She held a cup in front of me. I took it with a "thanks" and gulped it down. A moment of silence ensued as Aoi wiped my tears and comforted me. 

"Y'know, you're such a crybaby sometimes." She smiled into her meaningless slur. "I know... I need to stop crying-" "That's not what I mean, it's okay for you to cry Y/n. You're still a child and that's a fact you can't forget, alright?" She patted my head like an older sister to her younger timid sibling. 

Suddenly, the door slammed open with a thundering roar. "Y/n's awake!?" It jumpscared me so badly, I let out a screech. "Who-" I was about to question who it was but upon looking, it was non-other than...