Chapter 17: Crossdressing to the rescue

A/n Time for the infamous Red Light District Ark. Enjoy :) also who else cried at the end of Chapter 205?

Y/n's PoV:

Today I was alone. A few weeks ago after I recovered from my fight with Akaza, I visited Rengoku and the others. They had some injuries they were still recovering from and I thought I'd drop by. And afterwards, Uzui sent Muichiro on a mission with his three wives. He sent them to the Red Light District or the Flower District as locals call it. Muichiro was sent down there but he had to be disguised as a prostitute and enter the Nami house.

I'm starting to get worried since it's been three weeks and they haven't returned. A mission like this would take at least a week or so. Maybe I should talk to Uzui about my worries...

I looked everywhere for the tall, bulky man but to no success. Maybe at the Butterfly Estate? I headed there at full speed and got there in a minute. I looked everywhere, inside out and accidentally bumped into Kanao.

"Ah! Kanao, I'm so sorry. here," I extended my hand and she took it, donning her usual smile. "Thank you, Y/n." She bowed her head. Maybe I should ask about Uzui... "Hey, have you seen Uzui? I haven't seen him at all." "Ah, yes, I have. He went to see Shinobu-chan." She answered politely. "Thanks so much, Kanao!" I gave her hug to which she returned. We broke and went our separate ways.

Now that I think about it, Kanao and I are moderately close. We used to talk often and still do. Though she is older than me... I snapped back to reality suddenly. I was in front of Shinobu's office... I gave a hardy knock. "Shinobu-san? Are you in there?" I called out and heard a "come in!" From within. I opened the door and entered greeted with the sight of Shinobu and Uzui discussing. "Y/n what brings you here?" Shinobu asked. " Ah, I came to look for Uzui..." Uzui turned at me. "Ay, there you are you flamboyant munchkin!" He came and patted my head.

Uzui and I always were like brother and sister in a way. Just like Rengoku and I but Uzui was much more wild than him and I was pissed off at Uzui a lot more than Rengoku.

"Hey, Uzui. I wanted to talk about something. Is tht fine, Shinobu-san?" I looked her way and she gave a light nod. We headed outside and spoke.

"Uzui, they haven't been back for two weeks. We should go check on them." I expressed my worries. "I think so too. I haven't had contact with any of my wives. I've been sending them letters but none of them have been replied to. We should prepare today and leave tomorrow." He stated. I nodded in response.

Uzui and I discussed how the plan was to go down. Uzui stated he was going to recruit three female corps members to help us with infiltrating the houses. I will be infiltrating the Nami house aka the house Muichiro is in as a customer. Also I had to take care of "selling" one of the girls to the Kyogoku House while Uzui handled the other two.

I prepared the clothing I was to wear in disguise and the way I was to hide my katana. I modified my clothing so that I could easily hide it in my long baggy pants. I also decided to wear my a normal buttoned up shirt with my deep blue haori over top. I did look quite androgynous enough. I guess I'm ready for tomorrow.

~ time skip sponsored by fire. You ever get cold and shit? Try Fire! ~

Uzui agreed to meet me outside so as we planned, I waited outside. "Hey, y/n! I brought em." Uzui's voice gave me a shock. I didn't even hear him approaching. I turned to him but instead of seeing three female demon slayers, the boys were here...?

"Uzui I thought you said you were getting female corps members...?" I queried, clearly in confusion. "about that, no female corps members are free, so we'll just have to make use of these three!" Uzui cheered as he pushed the three of them forward. We all followed Uzui to the wisteria house where we were to get ready for our mission.