𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐛𝐨𝐨. [9]

- Your POV -

Shit..shit no..not again..

I tossed around in my bed, not knowing if I should go see Alphonse or Finn or just stay in my room having a damn panic/anxiety attack. I didn't want to bother them.. Especially not at 3 in the morning.

Laying down in my bed, my breathing slowly getting harder to control,  I continued to think about it as I panicked more. Should I just drive over to Al's house..? He's probably still asleep. And he has work tomorrow. "Fuck it." I mumbled quickly as I jumped out of my bed and grabbed my keys on the island in the middle of my kitchen. 

It was nearly pitch black outside, if it weren't for the lights from both my car and the lamppost, I would have no fuckin' idea where I was going. I unlocked my car doors, hopping into it and immediately playing my favorite song, trying to distract myself from the great amount of panic I was feeling, but to no avail. If anything, my heart rate just sped up.

Quickly stopping when I saw the small apartment complex Alphonse lived in, I got out of my car and ran up the stairs, reminding myself to lock my car doors about halfway up. 

Seeing the numbers '518' next to one of the doors, I knocking lightly on it. I wait a few seconds, getting no response. Of course he's asleep, dumbass. It's 3 AM. I sighed, knocking one last time. My hands shook, thinking that I'd have to deal with this alone again. I also didn't want to have go and bothe- 

"Okay! Alright.. hol' on, I'm comin'. Jeez...At this time of night..who the hell.."

The door cracked open, revealing the bubblegum prince himself, looking confused as ever. "Boo? Wh-" "Shit, I knew you would've been sleeping, I'm sorry for bothering you Al I just-" "No, no it's fine! Hey, you don't look so good babe..Get in here before you freeze." He says as he grabbed my shoulder gently, in a guiding-type of way.

"What're you doin' here? You look like you saw a ghost." he asked, leaning on the counter. "It's nothing I..I don't know." "Yeah, well, it certainly don't look like nothin'. You okay?" I was on the verge of tears, feeling like I was bothering Alphonse just by being around him. "I..I don'tmeantobotheryouthislateandI'mreallysorry-" "Babe..babe..hey..Relax." I felt tears fall onto my face. "I'm so sorry Al.. I don't mean to be this much of a burden and I didn't mean to wake you up because I know you have work tomorrow and.." At this point my hands were shaking rapidly and I could barely control my breath and my heart. I needed Alphonse to help me, but I didn't want to sound all needy, did I? 

"Hey.. you're fine, you're fine. There's no need to get all loud and anxious.. It's alright." he opened his arms, signaling for a hug. "Here, c'mon, gimme a hug." I walked into his open arms, quickly feeling how warm he was. Just that and itself made me feel better. I nuzzled my face into his chest silently sniffling. "I'm here.. I gotchu'. Just take a few deep breaths for me, okay?" I coughed a few tears, wiping them away as Alphonse helped my breathing get back to normal.

"There we go, that's more like it." I continued the breathing exercises Alphonse told me to do, trying to keep my breathing at a good pace. "C'mon, let's have a seat. Better to talk about this on a comfy couch then at the cold-as-hell front door." 

I sat down on the couch, my knees nearly up to my chest. "I'm sorry.." I said as I leaned lightly onto Al. "Aye, you got nothin' to apologize for babe. Everything's gonna be fine. I'm right here, I've got you. You just keep on breathin' for me." he sighed, snuggling a bit closer to me and grabbed the blanket that was on his side of the couch, draping it over him and I. "There we go, nice and soft." he rubbed my shoulder, calming me down a bit as a few small tears begun on my eyes.