Chapter 3

Elizabeth's POV

"Okay everyone smile."

Isabelle said as she pointed her Polaroid camera at all of us. All of us were in kitchen getting ready for dinner. We all stopped what we were doing and posed as the flash went off and the picture printed out.

"What's with all the picture taking Izzy?"

Raph -who was the only on allowed to call her that- asked as he helped Chanel set dishes on the table.

"I just want us to remember the memories we make this summer."

Isabelle answered back with a smile as she took another one. Suddenly there was a chorus of giggles, all of us turned to see Kelly and Donnie walk in the front door with fire wood in their arms.

Before anyone could say anything to ruin their moment Isabelle snapped another picture.

"You guys are adorable."

Chanel said with a smile. Mikey had finished setting all the food on the table and looked at me with a smile that made my heart melt.

"Where's Leo?"

I asked looking around and noticed he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"He's doing a boarder patrol."

Donnie said as him and Kelly walked into the kitchen, hand in hand.

"Well he better hurry before the food gets cold."

Mikey said as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waisted and rested his chin on my shoulder. I smiled to myself as I relaxed back into his chest, in that moment my shell-Donnie had made each of us one- cell began to ring in my pocket.

Quickly breaking away from Mikey I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the screen to see Eric's picture. Walking into the living room I answered the call.

"Hey Eric."

I said as I sat down in the huge comfy chair.

"Hey Liz. Did you and your friends make it there safely?" 

Eric's warm loving voice spoke through the phone.

"Yes we made it safe and sound."

I said with a smile, as I pulled my legs into my chair.

"I'm so glad you went on this vacation. You defiantly deserve it."

I could hear the happiness in voice.

"You deserve one too Eric."

I said.

"Don't worry about me. Just promise me you will have fun?"

He said seriously.

"I promise. Promise me you'll be safe Eric?"

I said trying to keep myself together.

"I always am. I love you Elizabeth."

He said and I could tell then he was struggling too.

"I love you too."

And with that we both hung up. I sat there for a moment and stared at my phone as a little tear ran down my face.

I couldn't tell you how long I had been there but I was soon startled when I heard Leo's deep voice behind me.

"Liz are you okay?"

He asked as he walked over to me. Leo was my best friend and really the only one I actually told my problems to other than Mikey.

"I just miss my brother Leo. I've never been away from him this long."

I said wiping a tear way and looking up at him. He smiled before placing hand on mine and pulling him to my feet.

"It's okay Liz, I know you miss him and I bet he misses you too. Don't let it bother you to badly though or you'll forget to have fun."

He said with a smile as he wrapped me into a brotherly hug like Eric would do. I smiled as I pulled back and me and him began walking towards the kitchen.

"Thanks Leo."

I said, before he could reply I heard Mikey yelling and Raph's angry voice.

"I swear Mikey when I get my hands on you your dead!"

Their foot steps were getting louder and soon Mikey ran right past me and Leo with a soaking wet Raph following behind him. I watched them as they ran outside and their chase continued. I looked at Leo has he sighed and shook his head before he said.

"And so it begins."