Chapter 4

Raph's POV

"I'm going to take Max out for a walk before we go to bed."

Isabelle whispered as the movie ended. We were all gathered in the living room, still tired from the drive here today. Isabelle was the only girl still awake, Chanel was curled up into my side sleeping soundly. I chuckled as I carefully picked her up into my arms.

She budged slightly but didn't wake, she just buried her head into my chest further. Carefully I walked up the steps so that I didn't wake her up, we soon reached our room. With out turning on the light I sat her down on the bed and pulled the covers up around her.

"Raph."

Chanel mumbled sleepily. I smiled at her before placing a soft kiss on her forehead and moved some strands of hair out of her face.

"Go back to sleep baby." 

I said softly as her eyes fluttered shut.  Smiling I walked over to the duffle bag i placed in the closet, without making a sound I reached inside and pulled out the small black velvet.

My smile grew as I tightened my grip on the box, and walked out the door shutting it behind me softly. In the hall way I saw Donnie carrying a sleeping Kelly into his room. He nodded to me as I walked past him. Next I saw Mikey carrying Liz.

"Night bro."

He whispered to me before shutting the door. I continued to walk down the stairs quietly in the dark, the only light was coming from the living room was the tv.

  I had to do a double take to see Leo still asleep on the couch, I looked over to the front door do see it cracked slightly. I walked on past Leo's sleeping form and walked out the door into the night.

On the porch steps was Isabelle sitting with her knees pulled up to her chest, her black hair fell around her face as she watched Max run across the yard.

"Hey Izzy."

I said as I sat down next to her on the step. She looked at me with tired eyes and smiled.

"Aren't you supposed to be in bed?"

She asked with a smirk.

"I had to ask you for your opinion on something."

I said as I handed her her the black box, she looked at me slightly confused. I watched as she opened the box and her eyes widened.

"Raph  this is beautiful."

She said with smile and closed the box, before handing it back to me. She stood up then and stretched out her muscles.

"You think Chanel will like it?"

I asked as I followed her to the porch swing, she sat down and played with the strings on the loose thin hoodie that she was wearing. She smiled happily at me as I sat down next her.

"She's going to love it Raph. The big question is when do you plan on popping the question?"

She said smirked at me causing me to chuckle.

"I don't know for sure, soon though. Very soon."

I said gripping the box tightly and smiled.

"We'll let me know so I can take pictures."

She said before she whistled for Max to come back. This is when I took my time to actually look at the girl beside me. I noticed then how much weight she had lost over the past four months and the huge circles under her eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that."

She said standing up as Max walked up her.

"Like what?"

I asked as I raised a brow at her.

"Like everyone else looks at me. How Leo looks at me. Like I'm broken."

She said angrily before she shot me a glare. I sigh as she walked inside with Max on her heels. I sat back in the swing and mumbled to myself as my thoughts went back to

"Please say yes Chanel."