Chapter 19: Him

1 week before

The sunlight beamed directly on my face, making my tired aching eyes squint tightly as I shift to other side of the bed. A bed. I can't remember any single detail about me going to bed last night, or even the things that happened before it. I can feel my senses waking up, and a massive throbbing headache making its way to ruin my morning. I moved slowly as I could manage, trying to make every move I make a comforting one. My head hurts so bad that I couldn't seem to think properly. I put both of my cold hands to cover my eyes, then removed it immediately after rubbing it. I opened my heavy eyelids slowly, as the sight of an Ashton Irwin who's dressed in black from head to toe sitting at the edge of the bed appeared in front of me first thing in the morning.

"What's going on?" I asked, my voice all raspy and kind of unbearable to understand. I'm glad we kind of understand each other no matter what.

"Interview today." Ashton stated plainly, making me feel anxious about something that I can't quite put a finger on.

"How long have you been watching me?" I asked with a smirk, probably trying to lift the mood up.

"Get up dude, Glenn's flipping shit."

"Seriously," I quickly sat up from the bed, ignoring the pain in my head and in my eyes. "Did something happen? Wha-what the fuck happened?"

I didn't really know why all of a sudden I asked that  way, but for some reasons I honestly could feel that something is going on. My best friends has been acting weird and a bit odd around me lately. I don't know, maybe because I'm a fucking asshole. Maybe because I'm stupid.

Ashton remained silent from where he was sitting, his face all focused on nothing. I didn't speak and waited for an answer because I know him. I know he would tell me whatever is going on, if there is really something going on.

"Dude," Ashton turned to face me, an upset look evident on his face. "Seriously, what the fuck had you gotten yourself into?"

"What?" I asked back.

"I thought you didn't like this, I mean this- this whole stupid publicity stunt and all. What's going on?"

My hands immediately made its way to rub my temples, having me not knowing whatever to say to what I just heard. I have got enough shit in me, and I just can't cope up with all of it anymore. And now, unconsciously I suppose, that I still keep on putting myself into something stupid. How could I've been so dumb?

I sighed deeply. "Did something happen?" I muttered, and I don't even know why I said it a bit quiet.

"Media made something up again. Like, you and Keira were caught making out last night and apparently the two of you had so much fun last night that you both quickly disappeared at the party." Ashton informed me, and I can't help but just swear and cuss under my breath about the things I just heard.

"Are there any pictures posted or?" I asked, wanting so bad to hear the answer even though I can't bear hearing it anymore. "Fuck, I was so wasted I can't remember anything."

"You're lucky there are no pictures." Ashton replied, the disgusted look still present on his features.

I sighed, feeling a bit relieved. At least I didn't really kiss her.

"But Glenn wants you to do something, which he fucking thinks it's the right stuff to do."

"What's it?"

Ashton rubbed his temples and sighed, which seemed so weird to me. I barely see him being like this. When something is wrong within us four, he's always positive and thinking like we can pass through shit no matter what. That's the Ashton I want to see right now. But apparently, it's unavailable.