Chapter 8: Her

4 weeks after

"Should we ask them to like, you know. Do some ollie and stuff?" I tried to suggest something, putting my camera down as I tie my hair up in a bun.

"No," Zac said, still trying to focus on how he could take good shots of the thrashers who are currently skating in front of us. "Candids are better, Kristen. It would look shitty if we asked them to do something."

"You can't fake an ollie trick because it's risky, stupid." I commented on his never ending statement about candid shots, not having him looking at me as I laugh.

"Shut up, skateboard guru."

I rolled my eyes and laughed sarcastically at his reply, making him smile then laugh as well. It's pretty obvious that Zac really wanted to take beautiful pictures, but it's kind of a hard thing to do with what situation we're currently at right now.

It's already half past three in the afternoon and Zac and I are on the skate park that I usually go to, trying to take awesome kick ass photos of the amazing thrashers around. I tried suggesting nonstop that we should tell them to conduct some tricks and just act like they don't know that someone is taking some pictures of them, but Zac keeps on pointing out about his strong beliefs about candid shots. He said yes, he knows that we could do that, but the outcome and the result of a candid shot that you worked so hard on will feel more than like heaven. He keeps pointing out that it would be really worth it, and it would be so much better than doing scripted poses. He kind of made sense in there, and I get his point, but we've been here for an hour already and he's still not satisfied for what he got. I tried to focus on the nature around me though. But Zac is unstoppable. It's kind of cute anyway. He looks really cute with his curly hair brushing his face when he's pretty much serious and all caught up with what he's doing.

"You know what," He stood up and walked closer towards me. "I think we need a break."

I closed my eyes and dramatically raised both of my hands in the air while saying "hallelujah", having Zac rolling his eyes on me and laughing at what I'm doing.

"I thought we'd stay here until these people would stop skating which is like, tomorrow." I gestured my hands to the thrashers, and Zac still rolling his eyes on me, sticking his tongue out. He looked pretty much stupid for doing that but at the same, I couldn't deny that he looked so cute too.

"Let's go grab something to eat?" Zac suggested as we walk back to my car. I walked as fast as I could to driver's side, still wanting to take over and drive us anywhere. I don't even know why though. Maybe it's because this is my car. No big deal. I just want this to be mine.

"McDonalds I say."

We both hopped in the car and in a few tries it started igniting. Zac started rummaging through my set of albums that I always bring with me as I try to focus on the road. I don't understand but I feel like I could watch him for a long time and I wouldn't really mind, but a car crash is definitely not expected right now. I locked my eyes on the road and focused on what I'm doing. I don't want to admit that he's starting to become a distraction to me right now. It's true, really. But I don't want it.

After a ten minute drive, we arrived at the nearest McDonalds we could ever find. I suggested we could just go through the drive-thru, but Zac needed to take a piss and I wanted some air as well, so I took the task to get us some food. I really don't mind getting us food and paying it for it this time. Zac's been always buying me dinner and I think I should somehow do the same thing for him. I mean, friends don't always buy you stuff. Well okay, maybe friends do. But, yeah. I hate how my mind can go further with things.

It wasn't long until I got into the counter, into the last line. My eyes roamed around to the set of orders I could take, but I know my heart beats only for chicken nuggets and fries. I sniffed and inhaled the smell of the mixture of honey and meat and bread, and just smiled to myself. I must have looked really stupid but I somehow think the people around me understands what I feel. I am twenty yet I still get myself some happy meal.