Chapter 16: The Other Her

3 weeks before

Since my band shares almost everything with Calum's band in this tour, I suppose no one would really mind if I drop off for a while on their studio where they practice since I really need something to use to help me write a new song. We are on a day off today, and I really have got nothing to do so I thought maybe I could use this free time to make my band a new song to work on. It's just a twenty minute walk away from the hotel we're currently staying at, so I did a little bit of exercise instead of taking a cab or ask anyone from our security to drive me there. I missed being a normal person too so I guess with this walk, I could pass by an ice cream shop or something and grab myself something I could eat.

It was a bit silent when I got into the studio. Well not completely and totally silent, but it wasn't like I expected it to be. I was expecting that I'd see the four of them messing around or just talking about music and stuff, but I was welcomed by no one. I know someone else is probably around here, but at the moment, everyone I expected to be here is nowhere to be seen.

I made my way to one of the halls at my right and walked silently. The walls are filled with frames that probably Glenn is proud of. I noticed that these musicians are all successful and still making music today, especially 5 Seconds Of Summer. I smiled to myself, thinking maybe someday soon, my band and I will be taking over the world too. It would really be an honor to have our picture, our own award and our band's name to be hung on this wall among these musicians and awesome bands that made such huge history in the music industry. I've got really huge and enormous dreams. But first, let me find a place I could work on.

A small smile formed in my lips by the moment I entered the room and saw a guy with red hair sitting in front of the piano. If I'm not totally mistaken, I know his name is Michael. I don't know why I suddenly felt a bit relieved about something I don't know, but knowing that someone here is with me made me feel somehow okay. I walked towards him, not wanting him to finally turn his head and see me so I kept my footsteps silent. As I get closer, I noticed that his hands are placed on the piano but he's not pressing them or playing any chord and his eyes are closed. I kept the silent I have made, and walked even more closely to him.

"Hey." I started talking with a small smile appearing on my face. My voice wasn't that loud but it was obvious that I startled him. Right after I talked, his eyes flashed widely at me, with his shoulders tensing a bit. I didn't know I could scare people like that.

"So uhm- what's up?" I added, shifting awkwardly where I'm standing.

Michael didn't say or mumble anything. He removed his hands from the piano and looked down. After a few seconds, he stood up and gave his current seat to me.

"Oh uhm no, I uhm- I'm okay." I waved both of hands to him, us both standing.

"It would be a little hard to play the piano while standing unless it's above your waist." Michael finally talked, his voice being plain and his reaction as well. And by that, the atmosphere around us is starting to get awkward in each passing second. I don't even understand why, but it's starting to seem that I'm finding it hard to breathe.

"Right." I replied and took a seat, placing the stuff I brought with me on the top of the piano. "Thanks."

I was caught up with scanning the pages of my notebook when I noticed that Michael was about to head out. I turned around, having a little battle about calling his name out and ask if he could stay or just bid him goodbye and let him go wherever he wanted to. Since I somehow felt the need to have someone's company with me, I decided to call him back again. But just as when I was about to call him up, he immediately disappeared from my sight without even saying anything, not even a 'hey' or a 'bye'.