Chapter Tweleve

When we walked out I felt someone grab my wrist stopping me. I looked back and saw Wild Card looking really sad.

"I'm sorry." He said. "Don't worry. You only said that stuff to make me cry and help Guppy. I understand." I told him.

"Not for that." He said. He then kissed my forehead and walked away. I looked at him confused.

"Wheels, how much time do we have?" Missy asked.

"Eighteen minutes." He replied.

"Well then we're gonna need to hurry if we want to stop the takeover." Missy said starting to walk.

"Us? Are you nuts? We have to go free our parents and let them handle it." Wild Card said.

"No! There's no time for that! By the time we get there, they-" Missy started.

"No! I'm through listening to you. When I woke up this morning, everything was perfect, and then you come along and everything's a mess."

"Wild Card what are you talking about?" I asked in disbelief.

"If Little Miss No-Powers is who you want as a leader, fine, follow her straight into Alienville. But Facemaker and I are gonna go get our parents."

"We are?" Facemaker asked.

"Yes. Right now." He said pulling Facemaker away.

"Guys, we have to stick together. Guys!" Missy yelled after them.

I stood their shocked. "What can you do? Some people are just-" Missy said to Ojo.

"Forget him. We need to get to the rocket so I can stop it before it launches." Wheels interrupted.

"How are you so sure you can do that?" Missy asked.

"Because everything the aliens build is super intuitive to use, almost like it was designed for children to operate. Get me close. I'll turn it off." Wheels said.

We started running towards the room. I got stopped by two hands on my shoulders. I met A Capella and Fast Forwards eyes.

"Are you okay?" Fast Forward asked.

"Yeah, that was brutal." A Capella added.

"I'm fine. Yeah I wanna scream but I can't. Wheels is right. Forget him. So let's save the chit chat for after we save the world." I said running off with them.

We caught up with the others and kept running until we finally found the door leading to the rocket.

"That's it there!" Wheels said.

"🎶We're gonna make it after all🎶" A Capella sang while spinning.

We then stopped when we saw guards walk out of nowhere. "Uh...no, we're not." Fast Forward corrected.

We turned around running the other way. The door at the end of the hall shut and more guards came out.

"Uh...guys? What do we do now? Missy?" Rewind asked.

"Why do you seem so calm?" Noodles asked.

"Because we have something that they don't know about, a secret weapon."

"We do?" Wheels asked.

"Yeah. Teamwork! Alone, our powers are special but together we're unstoppable! Slo-Mo, attack! A Capella, Banshee, eardrums!"

Me and A Capella smirked. "Well you wanted to scream. Looks like you got what you wanted." A Capella joked. I laughed and nodded at her and she nodded back.

She sang and I screamed. The guards held their ears in pain. "Rewind, take them down!" Missy ordered.

Me and A Capella went over to the other guards to help Slo-Mo. I walked over to one punching him.

I screamed at him pushing him back. I then kicked him in the head and stomach forcing him to the floor.

Then two came at me and I screamed at them forcing them to hit the wall. I screamed louder making my eyes glow and forcing their ears to bleed. I smirked.

I looked over to A Capella. She came over to me. "Together?" I asked. "Together." She replied smiling and grabbing my hand.

She sung while I screamed forcing the other guards to fall to the floor holding their ears. Then we ran over and kneed them in the head.

"We do make a pretty good team." I said high-fiving her. "Oh yeah!" She said.

The guards got back up and came at us again. I got one while she handled the other.

I screamed forcing him to the wall. I gradually got closer watching as he held his ears in pain. "Go, Banshee! Go, A Capella." I heard Missy cheer.

Then I saw a tentacle come out and try and grab me. I stopped screaming and ran to the others. A Capella ran with me.

They all started sprouting tentacles. They had us surrounded. Three of them reached up and grabbed shackles out of the ceiling cuffing our hands together.

We struggled against the shackles. "Rewind!" Missy said. "I can't." He said.

"We can do this." Fast Forward told him. "How?" "We work together. I'll help you." She replied.

They both used their powers to rewind time. We broke free from the shackles. "Noodles, get those shackles out of the ceiling!" Missy said.

Noodles stretched up making the shackles fall to the floor. "Now fast forward, quick!" Rewind said.

She sped up time. This time when the aliens reached up there was nothing to grab. We laughed at their confused faces.

They tried coming at us but the shackles attached to their ankles stoping them. We laughed again.

Then one of them smirked and reached into his pocket pulling out a set of keys.

"Uh-Oh!" A Capella said.

"Again!" Fast Forward said. They worked together to go back in time. This time when the guard reached for the keys their were none to grab.

"Looking for theses?" Missy questioned dangling the keys in the air.

The twins high-fived and Missy walked up to them. "Great job, Fast Forward. Excellent work, Rewind." Missy said.

Then she repeated "Excellent work, Rewind." before he paused her. "I just like hearing her say it."

He continued to make her say it four more times before stopping.

"Come on we still have to stop the launch let's go!" Wheels said. We then all ran toward the door to get to the rocket and stop the launch before the takeover begins.