Chapter Fifteen

We heard a big warp like sound and then it all just stopped. We put our hands down and looked into the rocket.

Suddenly our parents all walked out. They looked like they were in slow motion. The wind blowing their hair and capes back. They all stopped and posed.

"Wait. So our parents were in the pyramid all along? But I don't understand. What's the takeover?" Missy asked Ojo as the president and Ms. Granada walked up behind her.

"The takeover of power...from your parents. You see, the next generation is always an improvement from the last." Ms. Granada said.

"Things are not heading in the right direction on your planet. And you children are inheriting Earth's problems, and need to be able to fix them, sooner rather than later." Ojo explained.

"It's in the best interest of the entire galaxy that life on Earth survives and thrives. So, we infiltrated both your government and Heroics headquarters so we could train you and accelerate the transfer of power." The president told us.

"As you've seen from today's events, it's not enough to be strong, powerful, or even magic. If you do not use your strengths together and with good judgment...you are doomed." Ojo said.

"But I don't understand. The clock hit zero. We were one second too late." Wheels said.

"The supreme commander knew down to the second exactly when the takeover would happen." The president said.

"Your guess was close, Wheels, but not quite right. Everything on the ship wasn't designed for children." Ojo stated.

"Oh, it was designed by children." Wheels said in realization.

"That's correct. On our planet, the children are in charge." Ojo said looking up to Ms. Granada. They all sprouted their tentacles and bowed to her.

"So, you're their leader?" Missy asked.

"Yes. Just as I knew you would be a natural leader. That's why I drew you at the front of the class. So from one leader to another, as we each head off to face the challenges of the universe, can we count on you to not just help save your planet...but the entire galaxy?" Ojo asked.

"You have our word. When you need us...we'll be there." Missy said with her hands on her hips.

"Thank you." She said stretching her arms out. The floor then became full. Allowing our parents to step onto it and run to us.

We all ran to our parents to hug them. Me and A Capella ran to our Mom. I stopped and let her go first.

She ran to her and held her arms. "🎶I'm so very proud of you🎶" They sang while staring off at nothing while smiling.

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes smiling at them. My Mom then walked over to me. "And 🎶I'm so very proud of you🎶 too." She said and sang to me.

I hugged her. "You sang beautifully my little Banshee." She said to me. "Thank you Mom." I said.

A Capella came over and we did a family hug. We pulled away with our arms around each other. They looked at me as if begging me.

"Fine, but just this once." I said to them.

"🎶I love you🎶" We all sang. We all laughed and hugged again.

We pulled away and I looked over and saw Wild Card walking to me. I ran to him and jumped hugging him. He wrapped his arms around me spinning us a little.

"Please tell me you meant it." He whispered in my ear.

"Every word." I said to him.

"What actually?" He asked pulling away to look at me.

I laughed at him. "Yes. You definitely proved yourself today." I said.

He leaned down and kissed me and I returned it smiling. He picked me up and spun us around. He set me down and I giggled pulling away.

He pressed his forehead to mine. "And you're the best girlfriend ever." He replied.

"And you are the most powerful hero ever. I'm so proud of you." I told him.

"Thanks." He said smirking.

We then heard clapping. It was A Capella of course. She was standing with our Mom and Tech-No.

"Seems our children are quite fond of each other Tech-No." She told him.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." Tech-No joked.

"🎶Young love so sweet🎶" My Mom sang.

"🎶But if he hurts you I'll end him🎶" A Capella added.

I threw my head back. "🎶A Capella relax I can handle myself🎶" I sang back knowing it was the only way she would understand.

"Hey, you're a pretty good singer." Wild Card told me.

"Yeah it kinda runs in the family." I said pointing to my Mom and sister. "But I still think I prefer screaming."

"Of course you do bub." He said
wrapping he arm around my shoulder.  I interlocked our fingers and walked with him too his Dad and my Mom and sister.

We all talked catching up telling them all about our adventure. That was the day we stepped in for the Heroics.

We are now are own team of superhero's. The new Heroics. And while I'm not entirely sold on the shoes, our costumes are great.

We are now standing on top of a cliff posing into the sunset. Me and Wild Card are back to back crossing our arms. And A Capella is standing right next to me of course.

We stared out at nothing continuing to pose and looking cool with the wind blowing in our hair. Then Facemaker spoke up.

"So what are we supposed to be looking at?" He asked.

He actually had a point. We all looked at Missy for an answer. "The future." She stated.

That was a good enough answer for us. We turned and looked out again. This time looking at "the future".

Thank you to everyone who read this book! If you haven't read my first book about Wild Card and want to you will find it on my profile :) -author