Chapter 58

Paige POV

It's been 3 weeks. Today I finally received some good news. "Kevin. I can finally take Emma home?" I asked him with excitement.

"Yes she can" he smiled at me and I immediately hugged him.

"Thank you!" I said.

"It wasn't me. It was all her doing" he said pointing at Emma.

I was so happy right now. I called Ethan. He's been traveling to and from LA over the last 3 weeks, so he could see Emma.

"Really? Today? I'm on my way there" he said hanging up.

I was so excited. Kevin discharged Emma and we were ready to go. I held Emma in my arms and I felt like I could finally breathe again.

Kevin and I were in the elevator and I was holding Emma. "Kevin I don't know how to thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for us." I said.

"Paige. I love you. Of course I would do anything for you." He said.

"I already love this little bundle of joy. I'm sorry I've been so angry. It's just seeing you with Ethan made me feel so insecure. I thought you would leave me the moment you saw him." He said.

"Kevin, I would never do that to you" I said as the elevator doors opened. We walked to the entrance and before we could exit we saw paparazzi.

"Ready to go." Kevin asked me.

I sighed. "I'm ready." I said. Kevin guided me outside. We could see flashes all around us.

Then I heard a voice say "you bitch" . Everyone was shocked. I turned around and I saw Cali. "You took everything from me. Now it's my turn to take everything from you" she said then pointed a gun at me. Everyone started screaming and dispersed. "I'm going to kill you and your little brat" she said firing the gun.

"No!" Kevin said pushing me out of the way and got hit with the gun on his chest.

Then I saw someone take Cali down and removing the gun from her hand. 

"Kevin!" I said leaning down. "Help! Please I need help" I said trying to apply pressure on Kevin's wound with one hand and holding Emma with the other.

"No! He wasn't supposed to die! You were" I heard Cali say as they pulled her away.

"Kevin. Hang in there" I said with tears running down my face. Staff from the hospital immediately came out with a gurney.

"Paige I love you. Please take care of yourself and Emma. I'm sorry for being greedy and keeping you from Ethan." He said grabbing onto my arm.

Then he closed his eyes. "Kevin no!" I said as they took him into the hospital.

They didn't let me be inside the ER: I was in the waiting room. Then Ethan entered the waiting room. "Oh my god Paige! Are you and Emma ok?" He asked me worried.

I looked down and saw that I had blood all over me. "I'm fine. Emma is fine. It's Kevin. He's he's..." I started crying. Ethan instantly hugged me.

The a nurse called me. "Here let me take Emma" Ethan said. I carefully gave him Emma and went with the nurse.

"Paige he's gone" she said.

"No!" I said crying.

"They did what they could but he's gone. It's not protocol but do you want to see him?" She said. I nodded and headed inside.

I walked up to Kevin. "I'll give you a minute." The nurse said.

"Kevin. No why did you jump in front of me. It was supposed to be me. I'm so sorry Kevin. I love you." I said. Then the nurse came in again and said they had to take him. I left the ER and Ethan was instantly at my side. "He's gone" I said and instantly started crying. Ethan held me.

"Come on let's go" he said. We walked outside and of course there was paparazzi. Thankfully Ethan's driver was right at the entrance. He held Emma the entire time.

Ethan took me to Kevin's apartment. We were just here last night. I walked inside and broke down once again. 

Ethan stayed with me. He helped me take care of Emma that night. After I took a shower I was in my bed and i completely broke down.