Chapter 22

Paige POV

"Paige we need to talk" Ethan said as I closed Sara's door.

"Ethan now isn't a good idea why don't we wait until another day." I said.

"No Paige now." He grabbed my arm and headed to his bedroom.

I sighed and went willingly. I sat down at the edge of his bed. "Ethan I told you, I need to go slow. Quite frankly what happened today is just proof that we aren't right for each other. Please stop with that crazy idea you have. I quite frankly don't understand where this is coming from" I said.

Ethan was looking at me the whole time. Then he kneeled down in front of me. "It comes from here Paige" he said pointing to his heart. "Every time I'm with you my heart speeds up" he said putting my hand on his chest. "When I'm around you I feel like the luckiest man alive. I wish you could see how I see you thru my eyes." He said. "You're perfect" he said.

His words sent a shiver down my spine. I was at a loss of words. "Ethan I....I...." I didn't even know what to say to him. "Ethan you deserve someone better" I tried to say.

He stood up frustrated. "Paige don't tell me what I need to do. I know how I feel about you. The question here is how do you feel about me?" He said.

"Ethan. It doesn't matter how I feel. All I know is that you deserve someone better. You deserve the perfect trophy wife. That's not me. That will never be me." I said looking down at the floor.

Ethan sat down next to me on the bed. "Paige I don't want that. I just want you." He said.

I looked up at him and whispered "but for how long?" I asked with a tear rolling down my cheek.

Ethan brushes it away with his thumb. "Only time will tell. I don't want a fling if that's what you mean. I will be with you as long as you want to be with me" he said.

"No Ethan, that's not how it works." I said shaking my head.

"Let's not worry about that right now. Let's worry about things one step at a time." He said.

"I don't know if I can do that" I said looking at him.

"Can we please try at least. Please Paige. Will you give us a chance?" He said looking at me.

I looked at him. Could I do that? Could I give us a chance? Without thinking about it I grabbed Ethan and kissed him. He immediately kissed me back. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He laid back on the bed and pulled me into him. I could feel his hands roaming my body. I could feel my chest against his. I could feel everything that was happening between us.

All of a sudden he broke the kiss. We were both panting. "It's time for bed" he said. "And before you start protesting you're spending the night" he said.

"Ok but stay on your side of the bed" I said rolling off him and laying down on a corner of the bed.

He laughed and rolled up next to me "that's an impossible task you know." He said as he hugged me and pulled me closer to him.

I didn't say anything after a few minutes I doze off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning in Ethan's arms. I looked at the time. It was 9:30 am. "Ethan wake up" I said shaking him.

"Why?" He said and pulled me closer.

"It's 9:30, you're late to work" I said.

"I'm not going into work today. In fact I'm not going into work for the next 3 weeks" he said.

"Really? Why is that? Do you have a business trip or something?" I asked him.

"I have a trip but it has nothing to do with business" he said.

"Oh ok" I said. I guess he was going on a trip with a from or something.

"Do you want to know where we're all going?" He asked.

I broke away from his arms and sat up on the bed. "What do you mean where we are all going?" I asked him.

"Well Sara, you and I are taking a vacation" he said.

"What?" I gasped.

"Yup. We're going on a trip." He said.

"What? When? Where?" I asked.

"You forgot why and how" he laughed and sat on the bed.

I hit him on his shoulder. "I'm serious" I said.

"I thought it would be nice to get away just the three of us" he said. "I have a small place in London. I thought it would be nice to spend Christmas an New Years there" he said.

"What?" I asked. "You want all of us to go to London?" I asked.

"If you're ok with it." He said.

I looked down. "Are you sure you want me there" I asked. He lifted my head with his index finger.

"I wouldn't have it any other way" he said and then gave me. Small kiss on my lips.

"Ok" I smiled at him.

"Ok then. Let's go shopping" he said.

"Shopping?" I asked. "Do you need new clothes?" I asked him.

"No but you and Sara need winter clothes" he said.